Words, words, words

"Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me." But bones heal, scars fade and the pain goes away over time but this one didn't. We were born sick, we hear them say it, "fatty" "ugly" "retard" "weirdo" "freak fest" "crazy" "lose weight" ect. You may not see it but it happens, bullying happens. They write it on walls, bathroom stalls, in books, over text, behind a screen. But you have never seen it? That's odd. "You need to tell somebody" "did you tell anyone?" "What do you want me to do about it" they say. I did cry out for help, multiple times. I did tell somebody and all I got back was "stay away from them" "you can't tell anyone else" "okay, I'll sort it later" "just have some water" "calm down" but what if I can't? I've tried to 'stay away' I've tried to 'stay calm' and I've tried so hard not to tell anyone but I can't hold it in anymore, I'll burst like an overfilled balloon, but with emotions. Balloons can't feel anything, but we can. We feel everything. Physically, mentally, emotionally, we feel it all.
"It's just some harmless words, atleast they didn't punch you"  It felt like it. My eyes went blurry, my heart was pounding, my eyes were watering and my throat got stiff, I ran away and told somebody "it's okay, I'll talk to them." But you never did.
I cried to you on that one day, my hands were shaking whilst I had my tissue in hand. Remembering what he said to me. My voice was shaking as he walked past, you told me to wait in an empty classroom with 3 of my friends, you never showed up. "I'm so sorry, I was too busy" "I'll get you during class" and when you did, I had to tell you what happened. At that moment when I was too scared to speak you told me "do NOT go to the police about this, don't tell your mates, don't tell ANYONE else. I've informed your mum and I'll be speaking to him." What!? What in the world. I've spent EVERY day after that in every class with him whilst he was staring at me, talking to me, following me, laughing at me, making jokes about me and more. I'm scared to ever talk to him again and you still won't do anything about it?

"Words, words, words." How can we forget them?