Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen •••Thursday, April 25th, 2047(Flashback

Chapter Nineteen
•••
Thursday, April 25th, 2047
(Flashback..)

I watched Apollo enter inside Trinity's apartment as I stood outside with Scarlet.

"You think it's going to work? Trinity doesn't like surprises, so I feel kind of bad for doing this..." Scarlet said softly, staring at her front door from a distance

Looking at her, I smiled. "Don't worry, it'll work. While we wait, can we talk inside my car?"

"Sure, but please excuse my appearance, it's my day off." She joked.

She walked around to the passenger side and opened the door, gently sitting down in the seat. Quickly composing myself, I opened my side and sat down, closing it quietly.

"It's funny how things have progressed between the four of us." Scarlet spoke, slightly giggling to herself as she looked at her fingers.

I smirked. "Trust me, I completely agree. I don't regret it though..."

"Me either."

We both looked at each other and shared a small smile of contentment.

She was the first to turn away, but I continued to admire her. Although she considered herself not presentable, due to being dressed in a crop top and sweatpants, I still thought of her to be beyond beautiful.

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on her. She was standing next to Trinity at the agency that Friday, dressed in powder blue full suit that made her ginger colored hair pop out from a distance. My eyes caught sight of her as soon as Michael, Apollo, and I exited the elevator. As Apollo and I reached closer to the two, she looked at me with her piercing-blue eyes, making my heart clench.

She wasn't the first girl I've met before, but she definitely was the most breathtaking out of them all.

I had asked Trinity who she was out of pure curiosity, and when I heard her actual name, it only intensified my feelings.

Scarlet...

We exchanged simple greeting words, and her voice sounded so soft and sweet to my ears. In that moment, I made it my personal mission to get closer to her.

If one could call it love at first sight, this was definitely it.

Before the meeting, we had a small chat as we made our way towards the elevator, mostly me asking for her Instagram and trying to make her laugh. Surprisingly, she gave it to me willingly with a bright smile, a smile that stunned me.