Chapter 65

A/N: I should have put this up before, but this chapter may be upsetting to some people.

- - -

Audrey wiped her dry eyes and opened them, smiling to herself when she saw Rafe's room.

She carefully looked over at him, he was sleeping soundly enough on his stomach that her sitting up didn't wake him.

Checking the time, it was almost seven in the morning. She leaned over carefully and kissed him on the cheek and watched how he smiled and his weight shifted.

"I'm going to go home." She whispered to him.

He groaned and rolled onto his side. "Why?"

"I have a lot of stuff to do today." She spoke quietly.

Keeping his eyes closed, he feeled around for her hand and kissed the backside of it. She then brought her hand to his hair and messed it up and with a groan, he smiled at her.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She whispered.

"Mhm." He hummed.

Audrey took the time in the morning to get Nathan his birthday present and pick up the birthday cakes. Cakes. Plural.

She was avoiding going home as much as possible. Avoiding the knowing look she'd receive from her mom when she walked by her. Audrey's parents remained neutral in the Rafe and Audrey drama. Well, as neutral as they could giving that their daughter got cheated on by him. But even so, she wasn't sure what they'd think about it. But if the last twenty four hours told her anything, it was that she felt too strongly for Rafe Cameron for other people's opinions to matter.

Checking her phone as she drove home, she had two missed calls from Josh and about ten texts. She groaned and slammed her phone into the center console.

Even if what happened with her and Rafe was the end, or didn't mean they were getting back together, she couldn't "be with" Josh anymore. It wasn't fair to her, Rafe, or not that it mattered, to Josh.

At home, she carefully went inside and shut the door quietly, starting to tiptoe through her house, when a light came on from the dining room.

"Hey, Audrey." Her mom said simply.

"Hi, mom." She said casually.

"How was it?"

"It was good." Audrey shrugged and walked past her.

"Mm." Her mom agreed. "I bet."

Audrey shook her head. "Let it go. I was just with Sarah."

"I don't doubt you were at Sarah's." Her mom followed her up the stairs.

"What's the problem?"

"There's no problem." Her mother said in the most condescending way possible.

"I don't need this." Audrey brushed it away. "You know Rafe." Audrey fought. "You like him."

"Of course I do. And I'll respect your decision and that you're making the right one," she stood in the doorway, "but you need to think long and hard about it."

Audrey groaned and fell back on her bed as her mom shut the door, and she took the time to read through Josh's texts.

Josh Cameron

Would you want to get dinner
Just something chill
And you could come over after
Watch and movie and spend the night maybe
Hello
Where even are you
Can you just respond
Audrey I'm serious
Why have you been acting so weird
Audrey