Mike

I was so scared about everything. What had I become?
First of all, I had gotten back with my girlfriend. That would've been great if I had loved her back, but I didn't, and that made me a horrible person. And second of all, I had a date planned with my best friend. With my male best friend. And I didn't know if I actually had feelings for him. I was convinced I didn't, but I had always felt that spark. It was almost invisible, and I thought that was only because he was my best friend, but as it turns out, boys don't usually feel a spark for their best friend.

"Am I gay?" was that question that had me concerned, but I always made it disappear with the thought of my first girlfriend. I had loved El someday. 

That day, I took my first gay quiz. I would've lied if I had told you I was perfectly fine, because my head was a total nervous mess. I clicked the link to the first quiz that popped up when I searched for a gay quiz and answered all of the questions.

I got a 62%, how great. I really felt like throwing up, but I wasn't fully thinking about myself at that moment. All I could ask myself was "is Will okay?", because maybe he misunderstood me when I said it was actually a date. Maybe he thougth I was just messing with him. Or maybe he didn't even like me, and he just accepted because he felt bad for me. I had to talk to him.

I called Will. I waited a few seconds before he picked up the phone.

"Hi?" he said.

"Hi, Will. I just wanted to talk about our- um- date".

"Oh. Yeah, sure." he sounded uncomfortable.

"So... Where do you want to meet? Or do you want me to pick you up? It wouldn't bother me".

"Look, you don't have to do this. If this is a prank, it isn't funny at all".

I was confused. What was he talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I asked. And I meant it.

"I know everything, Mike. You think it's very funny to ask me on a date while you have a girlfriend just so you could know if I had a crush on you".

"I don't-" then I remembered El's text she sent me this morning and I stopped talking.

"El told me. I thought you didn't love her anymore".

"I don't. I promise I don't. I just- didn't know what to say when she sent me that text, and I just freaked out so much. I don't really want to be with her".

Then suddenly a paper fell off my table and opened on the floor. It was Will's paper he gave me. It was written "I'm gay". Well, that was unexpected.

"W- why?" by his voice I could tell he was shocked about my response.

"Will, your paper just fell off my table and it opened. Sorry."

There was a long painful silence. "I thought you had already opened it".

"Even if I wanted I couldn't have, I promised you I wouldn't".

"Well... thanks for keeping your promise".

I couldn't help but smile. He was an amazing person.

"Will?"

"Huh?"

"Do you still want to go on a date with me?"

He giggled "Of course".

"So... What about 10pm? I'll pick you up at your house".

"Sounds great. Bye Mike!"

"Bye!" and he hung up. 

I was feeling something I had never felt before, not even with El. It was freedom. I finally knew what that sneaky little spark was, and knowing that was the best thing that ever happened to me. 

I had a crush on my best friend.