i. middle school dances

ANASTASIA HAD never gone to a public school, or a middle school. Growing up in Russia, a very long time away from America and nowadays an enemy of each other.

Anastasia had her red hair in a braid. She was on some rescue mission for Hades. Gods dam it, she tapped her foot on the ground.

She went over the plan in her head. Take Nico and Bianca to a secluded area, tell them about their heritage, their father and then take them to where Hades wanted them. To some camp in Long Island. She thought it was a one person job.

But there were two problems.

Grover and Thorn. Thorn was definitely a monster that was true. It was a huge red flag to Anastasia. It was hard to figure out which one he was, he didn't show too much hints but Anastasia had a feeling he was a manticore or something else.

As for Grover, he came a month ago. He gave her an aura which was weird. He wasn't a halfblood or mortal but each time she tried to figure out Thorn would need her or simply just stop her. Anastasia decided that he was alright, still a mystery and maybe something to have her guard up about. Grover is probably a satyr. Well that's what Anastasia thinks they're called.

Anastasias thoughts were disturbed when the nearest door to the hallway was opened. Anastasia turned her head to look at who was coming in.

The person leading the group was Grover himself, a red cap sat on his curly brown hair, he had baggy jeans and sneakers. He was wearing a black T-shirt that took Anastasia a few seconds to read. It said WESTOVER HALL: GRUNT.

He was followed by a girl that Anastasia thought would fit the punk type. She had black spiky hair, and was dressed up in a ripped-up army jacket, black leather pants and chain jewellery. Her lightning blue eyes stuck out from under her eyeliner.

The third was a girl with curly blond hair like a princess would have. She had stormy grey eyes which were alert and cautious. Scanning the area around her.

The last was a boy. He was tall and his raven hair was windswept like he had walked out of the beach and instantly got dressed for school. He seemed decently leen and his sea green eyes scanned the room.

Now Anastasia loved being resurrected because now instead of being 5'1 she was now 5'7. Anastasia began wondering, why would Grover bring in three new kids into school, at the end of the term? Reinforcements maybe?

"Nastenka!" A voice gave her a fright. Anastasia turned her head to see Nico happily looking up at her, he held his cards in his hand and tugged on her arm. "You promised you'd play mythomagic with me!" He whined.

Anastasia grinned and ruffled his head. Anastasia met Nico and Bianca the first time she came to Westover, they became attached to her. Anastasia felt Nico was Aloysha in a way and Bianca was Marie. "We'll play after the dance Nico, something seems... of." Bianca said.

She wore a green floppy cap, like she was trying to hide her face on purpose. Nico was obviously her little brother, not just in looks but mannerism too. They both had silky dark hair, Bianca's was slightly darker and olive skin. And they used their hands a lot to talk, Nico would use his hands the most.

Nico huffled and shuffled his mythomagic cards. "But she promised Bianca!"

"I know," Anastasia told Nico. "But Bianca's right, we'll play later." Her eyes darted over to the people grover brought in.

Grover and the black haired girl was dancing, not well. The black haired girl was leading even though everyone else around had the male leading, the blond haired girl walked over to where the toilets are and the raven looked around, clueless and lost before getting into an argument with goth girl.