002

//lowercase intended, not edited. & i really just put you on to the best song ever btw ^

"YALL KNOW SYMONE goes to school with us now too" phil sat down at the lunch table with his lunch.

"what? you for real?" jace suddenly sat up straighter.

"yeah i saw her and ike in the office" phil nodded then looked at crystal "you should get to know her too, you don't have any female friends"

jace also nodded, "i'm literally her only friend"

"what if i don't want any?" she squinted her eyes.

"you don't have to, we're just saying it's good to branch out you know, become one with your kind" phil smiled.

"shut up" crystal laughed rolling her eyes.

"just say hi or something at practice today" phil shrugged.

"hey y'all i brought y'all some gatorade this time" symone walked up the bleachers passing out gatorade bottles to every player after their game. while looking around she noticed jace, phil, and drew were gone so she sat her stuff down and went to go look for them. walking down the hallway towards the pool she began to hear voices.

"...we're 14 years old we can't go to prison!" phil whisper shouted.

symone snuck quietly into the pool room, still listening to them talk.

"yo he deserved it okay? just know we did the right thing" jace calmed drew down.

"beating up a random guy is not something i just can live with okay, i'm totally freaking out" musa said from over the phone.

"you guys did what?" symone stepped out from the corner scaring the boys.

"holy shit!" drew jumped putting his hand over his heart.

"symone how long were you there" jace asked panicked.

"long enough to hear that you guys beat somebody up?" she looked at their faces dumbfounded.

"shut up!" jace put his hand over her mouth to quiet her.

"boy don't touch me! what did y'all do?" she immediately slapped his hand from her face and pushed him making him step back.

"look we can't talk about it" phil shook his head.

symone crossed her hands over her chest and raised her eyebrow.

"phil we gotta go, the ubers outside" drew kept his head low tapping phil's shoulder.

they said their goodbyes to them both and left.

"so what's going on jace? you guys were the boys that beat up that coach?" symone asked in a more 'telling than asking' tone.

"listen, he was hurting one of my friends he deserved it. trust me, we did the right thing" jace sighed rubbing his hands down his face.

symone's gaze softened at him because he looked genuinely stressed out. that's probably why his performance at the game was off.

"is that why you guys were so off?"

jace nodded, "yeah i barely slept because of it and i don't know what to do"

symone played with her necklace and tooted her lips to the side, "i won't tell anyone but, there are better ways to handle situations like this"

"only way i thought of. and how do you even know about it?" jace asked confusedly.

"ike talks a lot" she laughed.

jace smiled, her laugh brought some kind of warmth to him. it was like a laugh that could light up the world and make another person smile just by seeing it.

"so how come i don't know much about you symone" jace sat on the floor of the empty pool.

"because you haven't asked" she shrugged taking a seat next to him.

jace wanted to know more about the girl than just the fact that she was ike's niece.

"why you move out here" he asked.

her demeanor suddenly changed and she tucked her hair behind her ear, "uh, my brother got shot at a party, and my parents decided that it wasn't safe for me in chicago"

"oh i'm sorry" jace said sympathetically.

her eyes became glossy and she blinked back her tears before they could fall.

her brother, xavier was wrapped up in all kinds of gang activity & he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

what jace didn't understand was that a girl with a smile with so much power, she was hiding so much pain behind it. eyes so light and carefree holding so many tears from behind. what's gonna happen when she finally reaches her breaking point?

"thank you, it's okay though i'm getting through it" she smiled.

jace admired that, through the pain she smiled.

"what do you like to do besides hooping" she turned to him to ask.

jace sighed. this question really made him think because he really hooped all the time, "i like listening to music a lot and just being one with my thoughts"

"oh me too! what type of music you listen to?" she asked.

for another 30 minutes or so, they just spent the time asking each other questions and getting to know each other and sharing good laughs till jace had to leave to attend his sisters step show.

//ok period they getting closerr eeek & ima update once a day or maybe more if i get bored fr thank y'all for supporting & don't be ghost, vote!