1

After a year of running away from Illumi and the rest of his family, Killua snapped. He was sick of it and decided to ask Nanika for a final request. He looked at her as she was sitting next to him in a nice cafe, eating her breakfast. "Alluka?" She looked up at him with her sky-blue eyes. It made his heart ache to cut his boundaries like that but he realized that it was the only way. "Could you... could you please let Nanika out?" His little sister smiled at him and nodded, even tho she was a little surprised. 'Normally big brother only calls out Nanika when it's important or when he's stressed. It has been a long time, I'm glad.'

Her skin paled and her eyes darkened until her face was only one of a puppet one might assume. But no matter how horrific Nanika could be, he always loved her just as much as he loved Alluka. "Nanika..." he said in a gentle voice. "Killua." She replied. Her little smile was so cute and the assurance that this would be the last time that he would have to use her like that gave Killua a strange warmth in his chest. It would be over in seconds. All their suffering. All their fears. It would all be gone after just a sentence.

He took a deep breath before muttering "Nanika, make our family lose the desire to use or take us... Make them forget about you and my talents and let us live a peaceful life." Sweat ran down his face. He did it, he actually did it. Looking at the face of his sister and being sure that they'd be safe made him so happy. He couldn't recall a moment where he experienced more joy than now but... after a few seconds passed, he noticed something odd. Nanika didn't say 'Aye'. That was weird, he thought to himself. Usually after asking for a request, she would do that but not this time. "N-Nanik-?"

A bright light appeared around the both of them. Killua panicked. He knew he could trust his sister's powers but the fact that she hasn't said anything freaked him out. He pulled her towards him and hugged her in a protective manner. "what the?"

The next thing he knew was that it was cold. Totally bearable but colder than usual. When he opens his eyes he saw that he was falling. Falling from the sky. "What!?" Alluka was still in his arms, she looked down so he couldn't tell if it was her or Nanika but that didn't matter now. They were pretty high up in the sky so Killua concentrated his aura on his feet to balance himself in mid-air and land gracefully on the ground without making any sound.

"KIllua" He turned his head to see his little sister. It was Nanika. "Have... fun." She said quietly and seemingly exhausted. He didn't even know that Nanika was able to feel something like that. She fell asleep while in his arms and continued to do so even after turning back to Alluka. "There there... Whelp, I didn't expect that we'd have to teleport to get away from our family." He said in a sarcastic tone that kind of showed his confusion.

__________

After a few days of observing his surroundings and his sister still not waking up, he discovered that they have been teleported into another world that seemed to play in a different timeline. They ended up in a forest near a large city. The clothes the people were wearing looked a little bit like the traditional clothes his father and grandfather liked to wear. Of curse, their clothes were meant to be practical in combat but it reminded him of it nonetheless.

Alluka still hasn't woken up and he started to get worried. Every night he couldn't sleep. 'It's all my fault. Why did I ask for that request? What if she never wakes up again because she used up her powers? Not even Nanika is willing to respond to my begging. What should I do?'

He was frustrated and even tried nen on her body but was too scared to apply more than what an ordinary person would survive.

__________

After some time passed he decided to get his hands on some new clothes and try to make the best out of his situation right now. He tried being positive about everything and told himself that Alluka will return to her senses sooner or later and that he'll just have to wait a little longer. "I mean she teleported us into a whole new world. Who knows if it was because of the part about our family leaving us alone or about the peaceful life? Maybe it's both." he muttered while trying on the new outfit he stole from the next best shop.

Sure, the fashion was old school and reminded him of his family but it was way better to blend in than always getting attention for unusual clothes. Besides that today was a special occasion. He heard that many criminals that were sentenced to death had a chance to remove that sentence by finding some magic fruit that made one immortal.

It seemed ridiculous but Killua has seen and heard from similar objects that came from the dark continent so the possibility of such a fruit existing wasn't even that low. but he wasn't really interested in that. More intriguing was the island that many people call 'paradise' one which said the fruit was supposed to grow on. Maybe there he could find the peaceful life he has wished for his sister. Maybe that was the reason for them to get here.

After doing some investigations he quickly found out that he would probably be forced to get a death sentence before he could go there. First of all, he didn't know where this island was so it would be hard to find it himself, and second of all, he had to take Alluka with him. If he was alone he could probably use his techniques and knowledge to get there without a struggle but with a little girl that was basically in a coma it was a little more complicated.

He was carrying his sister on his back and walked down a street that wasn't too crowded but crowded enough to quickly disappear between the people. Not that he intended to do something here but it was just his instinct that made him analyse his surroundings like that.

 He sighed, he really didn't want to murder but it looked like there were only limited ways of getting a death sentence so he decided to take down some important political figure. Most of those people are dirty scumbags anyway so it didn't bother him much.

Once he arrived at a large building in the center of the city that looked like the main quarter of an important clan, he decided to sneak in swiftly and kill the clan's chief. It was quick work and he didn't get his hands dirty. He knew that this piece of shit hit his wife and assaulted many other women while being married. He didn't feel bad in the slightest, he was just relieved that Alluka was asleep at the moment. He carried her around 24/7 so nothing bad could happen to her. It was bothering of course, but what was he supposed to do?

After that, and some other crimes like stealing, threatening, and more, Killua finally got the death sentence. But it's not like the government ever got him or anything. It was more that one day a short white-haired boy with a sleeping little girl on his back appeared in front of the gates of the Yamada clan and asked for permission to go on the expedition on which he could get a pardon for his past sins if he was to find the elixir of life.