chapter 39

charlotte's pov:

Lucky enough for me my wish is granted. The day after lunch went by extremely fast. I immediately go home trying to avoid Tiffany and Alexa. I love them but I just can't with them right now.

I get home a notice a list of chores to do.

Great, maybe that will distract me from the shit going on.

I complete all the chores that were listed for me and sat on the couch. I buried my face in my hands and groaned. I feel like a walking zombie. I just can't escape from my problems nor know what to do with them.

I get a text from Tiffany. "Char, can we talk?"

I sigh. I guess I'll see what she has to say.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I was angry and it was wrong for me to say that. I was just so pissed after what Myles did I took it out on you. I know that's no excuse but I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I love you."

I smile. "Thank you, Tiff apology accepted."

"We good? Best friends?"

"Best friends."

I turn off my phone.

I get up and decide to go into my room. I shut my door and jump up on my bed.

Same old same old. Nothing new. Ryder acted weird today. He acted like nothing happened between us whatsoever. Like the night prior he wasn't just comforting me.

Guys are weird. It's like they never know what they want at all. One moment they're obsessed with you, the next they could care less. Pfft. Story of my life.

Is it wrong to feel a bit upset over it? Like it's weird but I actually enjoyed it when he was comforting me. Is that weird? I liked it when we were getting along and weren't at each other's throats.

As a matter of fact, it was nice. And the fact he punched someone for me? Never thought he'd do that. It makes me think about the boy that helped me at the party. Wish I knew who he was.

Hell, I could date him.

I get an incoming call from Alexa. Hmm, that's strange. I pick up.

"Hey girl we gotta talk. Remember that boy I was telling you about before the party?"

I smile. "Yes?"

"He asked me out on a date."

"I'm so happy for you!" I scream.

She laughs. "Yes, I definitely am excited. I hope it goes well."

"I know it'll go well. Tell me what happens okay?"

"I will. I love you."

"Love you too." I hang up.

I'm so happy for her. She deserves that. I'm glad she's finally getting this opportunity.

In the morning I wake up and get myself ready. I made myself a quick breakfast and got out. Tiffany and Alexa were waiting for me at the front gates.

Before I could even open my mouth Alexa spoke.

"It went great. He asked if we can do it again sometime."

I ran up and squeezed her. Tiffany joined in.

"We're beyond happy for you Alex." Tiffany smiled.

I agreed with her.

"But if he breaks your heart.." She added. "You know the rest!"

Sounds like her.

I say goodbye and head off to my first period.