three

Contrary to much of Musutafu's western-architectural approach, the Todoroki Abode stuck to traditionalism with its simple and symmetrical layout. Verandas stretched all around the home, connecting one too many entryways between the outside and inner rooms in a near maze-like pattern. The center lies open as a courtyard with all sorts of vigor flourishing amongst smooth stone and idle wooden beams.

Shouto was taken aback by its peaceful nature, given the formidable reputation of its occupants (well, one of them at least). Something had him expecting there to be a line of defense guarding the property, but there wasn't a single soul in sight. Breaking in was easier than expected; it only took a bit of ice to plunge him over the fence and into the courtyard.

Keeping his presence concealed, however, was said to be quite the task when lurking amongst translucent doors and bare walkways. But oddly enough, the home seems vacant. Aside from the call of birds and whatever songs the surrounding nature sang, there wasn't anything to disturb its tranquility.

"Todoroki Rei... Ring any bells?"

At the subtle shake of his head, Giran raised a brow. Shouto wasn't too fond of wasting time switching through television channels or flipping through magazines. If she was some sort of celebrity, he wouldn't have had a clue.

Giran sighed, "Figured. Well, she's wife to Endeavor, the current number one hero. Records show she's got four kids, two of which still live at their home in Shizuoka. She was cooped up in Fujiya Hospital after some trauma-incident thing with one of her kids. Said to have been released about a month ago with a stable recovery. Anything else 'ya need to know?"

Shouto hadn't thought much of it then. He still tries to make it a priority not to ponder when slipping through a door to the inside. There wasn't all that much to think of her, anyway. He was sent to kill, not sympathize with her traumatic past, or anyone's for that matter. That would only make things all the more difficult; aside from covering his tracks, he'd have to listen to her problems too.

As he passes the front door, Shouto spots a pair of heels sitting idle beside the frame. Todoroki Rei is home--somewhere--just quiet. For a moment, he considers slipping off his own shoes to muffle the sound of his steps, but quickly decides against it. There was always the possibility of someone else stopping by and noticing a foreign pair.

With practiced caution, he proceeds down the hall instead.

"Why would Shigaraki want her dead?" He scanned over her portrait in an old newspaper, concluding, "Killing her to get at Endeavor is just petty."

Giran shrugged a shoulder and took a drag from his cigarette in turn. The stained paper soon found its way back into his grasp. Shouto watched the way the skin around his eyes creased as he squinted over the heading.

"Maybe he's a petty guy. Or maybe he's just testing 'yer morality. Would 'ya take an innocent life for your own benefit?"

It isn't hard to miss--how almost every door he strolls past is left slightly ajar. The weather isn't all too bad outside, so he could only suspect it was to let some fresh air through, considering there wasn't another soul in sight. Unless, of course, there had been visitors prior to his arrival. He didn't know what to think.

Shouto's steps come to a quick pause at the sight of another door, notably shut. Through its translucent paper panels, he couldn't make out any distinctive figure swaying about the inside. But if Todoroki Rei had suspected an intruder, she likely wouldn't have been moving much anyway. Without another thought, he slides the door partially open and peaks inside.

"Right and wrong, good and bad... I lost all of that with my memory. I only care about getting the job done... I think."

"You think?" Giran offered a wry snort in response; an odd sound for even him. "Well then, let's see how far you'll go."