Wyatt can't sleep with you in his arms

Wyatt dragged his tired feet upstairs and into your shared room

Wyatt dragged his tired feet upstairs and into your shared room. The weight on his shoulders from the stress had day had held seemed to lift and fade away as soon as his eyes landed on your sleeping frame . The room was dark, the only light being from the moon coming in through the open curtains.

He quietly walked over to you and his heart felt warm upon realizing that you were curled up in his favorite sweater.

He pulls the blanket over you and gave you a little kiss on your head before he grabbed some pajamas and went into the bathroom. He took a quick shower to wash off all the sweat from the late night practice and brushed his  teeth before climbing into bed with you.

He let out a deep sigh of relief when his back hit the mattress and stretched alittle.

He had a busy day tomorrow, but He was glad to be able to soak in the next seven hours before he had to be out the door that He'd spend catching up on some much-needed sleep with you sound asleep beside him.

His beautiful wife.

You guys have only been married for a year, but he's felt like it's been forever

He closed his heavy eyes letting out a big yawn but for some reason, He couldn't seem to fall asleep. He lied restless and looked at the clock. Then over at your back knowing you looked absolutely adorable with your face smushed up against the pillow

He knew the remedy was simple. With you wrapped in his long strong arms, his body was begging to fall asleep and to have you warm body on top of his , He was going  to fall asleep and sleep well. He hated the idea of waking you when you were curled up and looked so cozy when you're sleeping so peaceful

He also knew He needed sleep and it wouldn't come easy without you snuggled into his side.

He reached over to touch you. His hand hovered over your arm for a moment but then finally fell and starts to gently rub your arm

The coldest of his metal wedding band woke up. You turned to look at him, finding his teeth sank into his bottom lip and his restless eyes locked with your tired ones.

"Wyatt? What is it? It's after midnight, I'm tired."

"I know. I'm sorry to wake you, princess . But I can't sleep without you in my arms"

You couldn't hide the sleepy smile that had came onto your lip. You moved into his side and tangled your legs with his long ones. He planted little kisses on your head and a lazy smile tugged at your lips once more.

"Did you have a good day ?" You asked as you stared at him. You were so tired that you could hardly keep your eyes open. But you did, because you genuinely love and care about her and you like knowing his days are good or the wild things him and his twin had gotten into

"Not really. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Just long and busy."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"No, don't be. I'm feeling much better now that I'm home with you and that your head is on my chest

You puckered your lips and closed your eyes. His lips touched yours, a restless, but loving kiss being planted onto your soft lips. You pulled back too soon, but He didn't complain as you dropped your head back onto his chest listening to his heart beat and started to fall asleep in his arms.

"I hope tomorrow is a good day, a much better day for you Wy."

"Thank you, baby." He whispered as she laid his head on the pillow pull you even more close to him if that's possible. "I love you so much., Sleep tight.

"Goodnight, Wyatt . I love you too.'