one

incoming call from 'yocchan🩷'

as the four words illuminated your phone screen abruptly, your eyes lit up in excitement thinking you were going to have an endearing conversation with your boyfriend before he leaves for his football program. unfortunately for you, you didn't know how wrong you were.

"hey yocchan! what are y-"

"f/n."

isagi paused for the next few seconds, as if he's trying to piece together the next few words that are about to come out of his mouth.

"let's break up."

after those words left his mouth, you went silent for a few seconds before an unfamiliar sound of confusion escaped your mouth.

            "huh..? but why yoichi?! i haven't done anything wrong!"

"its not you, honest. its just that with me being chosen for the blue lock program, i need to focus more on myself not on you and our relationship. i think it would be best if we just end this."

isagi couldn't believe what he was saying. of course he didn't wanna break up with his girlfriend. in fact, he didn't know what drove him to say that in the first place.

"are you fucking serious? we can't talk this out?" you let out a shaky breath as hot tears rapidly ran down your face.

"i'd prefer it if we didn't. sorry f/n.. we can still be friends, i guess." isagi silently hoped she would agree.

"oh okay.. let's still keep in touch at least.. i wont distract you or anything."

the tension in the air was palpable as the silence between the two grew.

"yeah.. we'll keep in touch. bye f/n"

"mhm, goodbye yoichi."

as you heard the three little chimes that signaled the ended call between you and isagi, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. you thought that would be the end between you two.

until it wasn't.