Episode 5 - A Deal Bathed in Moonlight

Maddison was annoyed at what transpired earlier today as she sat at her office. In front of her stood three people, the three highest ranking officers in the Underworld after her. Two adults and one teenager.

The three of them were also Adjudicators and they all managed different sectors in the Underworld as per the order of the leader, who right now looked exceedingly frustrated.

"What happened?" The witch grit her teeth while asking, making the three tense up in fear. "Why was the life of the daughter of the Duke endangered?"

The three looked panicked and one of them immediately bowed her head into the floor and begged. "I'm sorry Ma'am, I was supposed to be in charge with the transactions in the Capital today but I failed to notice the hooligans going after the lady." She whimpered. "I beg for your gracious mercy."

Maddie stood from her seat and leaned in front of the table. She then stomped her foot on the woman's head before talking to the other two. "Hesser? Elijah? What about you two?"

"I am afraid I was off with our business in the West preventing the Kingdom from ruining our reputation any further." The man, Hesser, placed his hand on his chest and bowed to his leader. "Excuse my incompetence for not realizing the problems in the Capital sector's management." He snided towards the woman on the floor.

"I was assassinating the slave owners in the North and East as you had ordered." Elijah knelt and bowed. "Although I have no excuse for not sensing the danger in the Capital."

"I-I was making conversatio-" The woman under Maddison's heel tried to explain but couldn't continue her words as Maddison stepped even harder into the back of her bead, forcing her forehead harder onto the stone floor.

"I don't recall ever allowing disappointments to speak." Her voice was terrifying and the poor woman squeaked in fear.

"M-My apologies-AAAH." Her head was driven deeper into the stone causing cracks to form on the floor.

"Again, when did I say you can speak?" Her voice was borderline demonic now and the pitiful woman could only quiver with her head under her leader's heel. "Seriously...disappointment after disappointment."

No one dared to speak up against her frustration.

"Hesser, you said you were preventing our reputation from being tainted further?" The leader glared at the gentleman, who froze in terror. "Then why are there still conspicuous dealings between the black market and Delha? Why is there still a flow of unstable crime connected to the imposters?"

After him, her eyes set on the kneeling boy. "Speaking of the black market, how come slaves are still being sold? You, Elijah, were supposed to kill every noble that dared to conduct human trafficking, why are they still up and running?" She then slammed her foot down so intensely that the skull of the woman below her feet exploded into a pile of meat and blood, inadvertently completely cracking and denting the floor below.

The two immediately bowed their heads as well and apologized. "Forgive us, Ma'am and our incompetence, we will continue to make efforts to meet your expectations."

The brain mush and bone that splattered across the floor slowly began to gather back up as one and not long after the woman's head was reformed like nothing ever happened, however, her forehead still made contact with the floor, afraid to stop bowing her head. "We are ever so sorry for our failures." She squirmed.

She eyed the three officers as they shuddered in fear. She sighed and walked back to her chair and took a seat. "Stand, you three."

The three immediately straightened their backs and looked towards their leader, who had her legs up on the table and writing on some pieces of paper. "Ever since I beat that dumb scumbag of a master, the Kingdom took their chance to make a move during the shift in leadership." She snickered and each handed them the notes.