𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭: 𝐘/𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐨'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

(This is going to be a short part, but I decided to write this to give you all reason as to why Y/n was so quick to forgive Makio.)

The time goes back to many years ago, when you and Makio were little girls. The best of friends the two of you were. You both saw each other at least once a week because of your fathers. Two wealthy business men that worked in collaboration. Since the first time you met Makio, everything clicked.

From playing dolls with each other, to playing 1v1 Uno. Every time your fathers had a meeting being together would take you both to a whole other world. No one could understand, but the two of you. Essentially growing up together. Sometimes you'd travel to Miami to visit her, other times she would travel to Memphis to visit you. You both made the best friend thing work.

Until you both started arguing. It was almost as everyday you argued with her over stupid things. Both of you said some hurtful things, until one day you both stopped talking to one another.

For years you wondered what she was doing at the moment, and Makio did the same. As a teenager, you think it'd be awkward to reach out to your friend you haven't talked to in a while. Essentially you'd force yourself to try to forget about her.

Fast forward to two years ago. You weren't a little girl anymore, but a grown ass woman who could own up to her wrongs. Both of you were at Tengen's 25th birthday party, before you could walk in you spotted her. You haven't seen her in forever, but something just told you to go up to her and hug her. When Makio seen you she walked your way and hugged you. "I missed you, Y/n." She smiles holding you. "I missed you more." You rubbed her back. "It's been so long." You pulled back to look at her. "I know. You got a grown woman body now." She praised you. "Girl look at you, with them big bitties." You laughed a little. "We gotta go catch up, now." She took your hand and led you into the party, immediately sitting at the bar.

You caught up with how each others lives are going, laughed a little, comforted each other, etc until the serious talk came. "Y/n, I missed you a lot. Like actually." She held your hands. "I did too, I was always wondering what you were up to but I didn't think you would want to talk to me." You rubbed her hands with your thumbs. "Of course I would want to talk to you." She smiled a little. "We have to promise each other to never do that again." You tell her. "I promise to never leave you again." Makio says. "I promise to forgive you." You say and you both lock pinkies and kiss your thumbs to lock in the promise. "Don't break that promise, now." You say. "I won'." Makio clinked her glass with yours and chugged her wine.

(A/n: A lot of people were confused on why Makio and Y/n forgave each other that quick, but they were best friends even before they both married Tengen. I reveal a lot of shit bout this book on discord, so join that. I slip up too much 😭. Xoxo, Miya the Author.)