Sick Day

The second your morning alarm went off at 6 am, you groaned hitting snooze. It was Monday, meaning the start of your work week. Mondays were always rough. You hated Mondays. All you wanted to do was sleep and cuddle with Julien.

When you sat up, your head was pounding and your whole body ached. You felt like you were hit by a truck. Slowly, you moved to sit on the edge of the bed, your head was spinning, and you thought you were going to pass out.

Julien was moving around in the bed, slowly waking up next to you. She usually got up to make you breakfast since your idea of breakfast was shoveling cereal in your mouth before rushing out the door.

You stood up, walking like a zombie to the closet. Julien sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning baby." Her raspy voice said.

It startled you a bit, but you turned around, giving her a small smile.

"Morning." Your voice came out sounding awful. You cringed at the sound of it.

"You alright baby?" She asked, getting out of bed.

You nodded, trying to brush off the feeling of passing out. After grabbing your work clothes, you headed into the bathroom to change.

Julien made her way into the kitchen to start on breakfast for you. You didn't have the heart to tell her you had no appetite. The thought of eating made your stomach turn.

Once changed, you headed out into the kitchen. The smell of food making you feel even worse.

Julien turned to look at you and her face instantly turned to a concerned one. She made her way over to you, putting her hand on your forehead.

"You're burning up my love."

You groaned, just wanting to get the workday over with.

"I'm fine."

Julien shook her head, letting her fingers run through your hair soothingly.

"No, you're not fine. You're sick. Go back to bed, I'll call you in."

You nodded tiredly, slowly making your way back to the bedroom. When you got back in bed, you pulled the covers up, wrapping yourself in them. 

Julien soon came into the room with the thermometer. She took your temperature and sighed at the number.

"101, you're in bed for the rest of the day my love."

You let out a whine, holding your arms out for her.

"Cuddle."

She cooed at you, running her fingers through your hair.

"Let me get you some medicine first baby. Then we can cuddle."

Julien quickly went to grab the medicine and then came back, helping you take it. The taste made you gag but she helped you sip a bit of water to wash some of the taste away.

"Do you want something comfy to wear?" She asked.

You nodded.

Julien grabbed an oversized t-shirt and some sleep shorts. She helped you sit up and helped you change before you laid back down. After getting you settled, she crawled into bed next to you. Her arms instantly wrapping around you. Your head rested on her chest, hearing the soothing sound of her heartbeat.

You could barely keep your eyes open. Julien noticed, rubbing your back.

"Go to sleep, baby. I'll be here when you wake up."

The sound of her heartbeat lulled you to sleep.

For the rest of the day, Julien took care of you. She let you nap on her and once you felt a bit better, she helped you eat soup and saltine crackers.

Julien was always going to be there to take care of you.