Chapter 1

June 3, 1984- New York City

"Cheers!"

"To Aria Elise Preston, for finally getting her ass out of her parent's house and actually doing something with her life!" They clink glasses.

"Do not full name me, Jen"

"So, you move into the dorms in August.." she says taking a sip from her drink

"Yeah.. gotta get ready for rush week"

"You'll be fine, just make sure you get in"

"Thanks for the support" I roll my eyes "UCLA is tough on their sororities"

"Your sister goes to Alabama- you think you have it tough? That's the party school of the country!"

"Yeah, I know. She's taken me to many parties before." I raise my brows.

"Catch any cute frat boys?"

"The only thing I caught was frat flu! Never really seems to go away." We both laugh.

"None of them may have caught your eye, but it looks like you caught some elses" Jennifer points subtly behind me. I turn my head to the side and am struck by the most beautiful man I have ever seen. His hair is long, teased, and black, almost covering his eyes. He appears tall and has the most captivating smile plastered across his face. That smile grows wider when our eyes meet. I get lost in a trance myself but force myself to look away.

"Ho-ly shit... he's- he's-"

"So- fucking- hot" Jennifer finishes my sentence.

"I swear I could have seen him before, I don't know why he looks familiar."

"That's a face you'd definitely remember if you ask me. But if you do know him, you're about to be reminded" She bats her eyebrows.

"Hi" I hear a soothing yet seductive voice say from behind me.

I turn around on the bar stool and am met with sparkling green eyes. "Hi" I say a little bit nervous.

He puts up a two at the bartender and then points to the both of us. "I'm Nikki"

"I'm Aria, my friends call me Ari." I smile back at him

"May I take a seat?" He asks with that damn smirk

"It's all yours" I motion to the barstool next to me. This man has got me under some sort of fuckin spell right now, I gotta up the attitude a little. "Do I know you from somewhere? I swear I've seen you before"

"Maybe, I seem to be a pretty memorable person if you know what I mean" I blush at his little hint. "Celebrating something?"

"School" I respond

"Where ya headed?"

"UCLA"

"Oh, are you from around there?"

"No, I'm technically from Chicago, just on a little vacation right now."

"Technically?"

"Well I have this place in Wisconsin- it doesn't matter" I change the subject

"Chicago huh, why LA?"

"Music"

"Oh, do you sing or anything?" he asked genuinely

"No, I just love listening to live music. You know, shitty bands in shitty bars kind of thing. Seems to be the place to go for that stuff."

"Oh, I'm very familiar with that scene"