Chapter 19

"I have an idea." I walk into the bedroom.

     "Oh great" Nikki rolled his eyes as he searched through the channels on the TV.

     "I think you and I should bring all the idiots up to the lake for the fourth of July!" I said, settling into my bed.

     "I didn't know you wanted that house completely destroyed" he replied, getting under the covers with me.

     "It seems that you have already moved in with me here, don't see how much more damage there can be if we just brought them on a vacation for a week or two." I shrugged

     "I mean, it sounds fun but doesn't say I didn't warn you" he put his arm over my shoulder.

     "Oh come on" I whined. "How bad can they be?"

     Nikki shot me a very confident look that it will indeed be very bad. I shook it off and continued watching the program on TV.  It didn't take me long to fall asleep, it never does when he's in my arms.

     "Are you fucking kidding me?"

     "Ari, come on. You're really going to treat me like this when I haven't even done anything wrong?"

     "You tricked me into going into that closet with you when you knew I was there with somebody else!"

     "Tricked you? You voluntarily left with me- don't you DARE try to put the blame on me!"

     "I AM PUTTING THE BLAME ON YOU! I WAS A VIRGIN AND YOU TRICKED ME!"

     "That's not my god damn problem- and maybe it's true about what they're all saying about you too."

     "Who? Whos saying what about me?"

     "Everyone! Everyone here knows you're a fucking slut! Except for your precious boyfriend. So why don't we tell him right now? Hey Nikki!"

     "No Vince- STOP!"

     "What the hell is going on? Why are you two yelling?"

     "Hey man- I didn't want to be the one to tell you but since your "girlfriend" is too much of pussy to do it, so I have to!"

      "Aria, what the hell is he talking about?"

     "Nikki, don't listen to a word he says-"

     "Your girlfriend is a whore, Nik!"

     "What? Aria! Aria!.."

     "Aria!"

    "What! What!" I rubbed my eyes.

     "You were having a nightmare or something... you were shaking me awake" Nikki explained.

     "Um-" I cleared my throat. "Could you go get me a bottle of water please?"

     "Sure hunny.." he kissed my forehead and left the bed. I fell back into my pillow, massaging my temples. That could not have been any worse. I sighed. It was only just a dream.  I know this has been eating me up but I can't tell him... not like that. I can't stop thinking about Vince... Thinking about me.. Thinking about us- who am I kidding? There is no us. There's me and Nikki. That's "us." One problem at a time, please! "Here you go, Ari" Nikki handed me the bottle.

     "I should have told you to go get a bottle of vodka instead" I took it from him.

     "What was your dream about?" He sat down and began to graze his hand over my back.