Quirks

Izuku smiled, as he once again bested a classmate at chess. It was a free period during his third year of school. Izuku smirked, as he looked at his classmate, who looked horrified.

"Buy me lunch today, Rook," The greenette laughed, as his classmate did as he was told.

Izuku had a powerful quirk, that was different from both his parents. It was rare that a child manifested a quirk unlike their parents and/or relatives. Izuku's quirk was called 'Chess Master'. He could control anyone he beat in chess, until they completed whatever task or tasks he asked of them.

Izuku could also assign 'roles' to his victims. These roles determine how many tasks Izuku could give them before they were free of his control. These roles can be any chess piece, other than the king. However, the drawback was Izuku can be controlled and assigned a role if he loses a game of chess.

The amount of tasks are determined by how many choices and turns the given role can move each turn, For example. If Izuku assigned the title of 'Knight' to Izuku could give a person 16 tasks. Four ways to move, four extra turns as the knight goes in an 'L' shape, for each one of those ways.

Izuku could give four tasks to a 'Rook', before said kid would be free. However, Izuku could easily just deactivate his quirk and free his victim. Izuku smirked, as he temporary slave came back with his lunch.

"Put away my chess set while I eat," Izuku smiled, as the kid did as he said. His victims could talk, it was just their bodies that moved on their own. Izuku is unable to control what people say or think. He can only control how someone acts. "Hand me my bag," The greenette said, as his chess set was put away in his school backpack.

Izuku released his victim afterwards. The kid ran off, not wanting to be controlled again. Izuku let out a laugh.

"Why do they always think they can beat me?" Izuku huffed, with a smirk. "Like I'd let them control me."

The interesting thing about Izuku's quirk was that he could only use it on willing victims, though he kept that little detail to himself. If he forced someone to play a game of chess with him, his quirk would be unable to take hold of his victim.

Izuku sighed, as he was met with Katsuki at the door of the cafeteria. Katsuki's superiority complex always caused him to challenge Izuku. Surprisingly, Katsuki was able to put his money where his mouth was, and actually beat Izuku a few times.

That was how Izuku found out about the drawback of his quirk. Katsuki and him were at about a 50/50 win streak when they challenged each other. Izuku, despite being fully capable of refuses a challenge, never did-

"Oi! Nerd!"

"What is it, Kacchan?"

"I challenge you to a game of chess!"

"Again? Really?" Izuku rolled his eyes, but took out his chess set. "If you really want to.... Fine. We'll play a game." Katsuki smirked, as he sat down across from Izuku. The entire lunch room turned to watch or at least listen to their game.

Katsuki was the only one who could actually beat Izuku at his own game. So of course they watched. Mostly, to see what the winner would force the loser to do. Izuku gestured for Katsuki to make the first move. Afterall, Izuku won last time, it's only fair Katsuki goes first.

Katsuki moved the pawn on the far right two spaces. Izuku moved his left Knight two spaces up and one to the right. Katsuki moved his right rook up right behind his pawn. Izuku smiled, as he moved one of his middle pawns to make way for his queen.

They continued like that for a few more minutes. Neither backing out, even if it caused them to be late to class. Izuku won. Katsuki growled, as he stared at Izuku. Luckily for Katsuki, they didn't have a lot of time.

"Pawn," Izuku laughed, Katsuki hated wasting his time, but he hated being called a pawn even more. "Walk around the school once, then skip the next period." Katsuki growled, as he feat moved on their own. The other students from their next class, alerted the teacher about the chess game, so Katsuki wouldn't be punished for Izuku's quirk.

(A/N: Sorry it's short, I needed to get this out as fast as possible, since wattpad is deleting any story or daft that is not 'complete'. So, I kinda rushed this chapter.)