Current State of Affairs Part 1

One: Home Sweet Montana

*mentions of past abuse. also will mention Ryder Winston from my sons of anarchy Not So Charming Series and The Abbotts from Outer Range picture was found pinterest*

Bozeman Montana was the last place that Spencer Abbott wanted to return to but she was ordered to by her father Frank who was getting remarried 15 years after he divorced her mother; it was time that she came home and started living life back on the ranch as his heir, something she hadn't been since Kayce Dutton broke her heart. She fled toward the east coast and the safety of Yale University and later law school. And at first, Frank was okay with it because he had been furious with Kayce for breaking her heart let her go.

But the longer that she was away, the angrier he got but now with him getting remarried and not having another heir but he was demanding that she came home, and here she was sitting in the back of a chauffeured SVU with her finance Lewis Winchester, someone she wanted nowhere her life in Montana. Not because she was ashamed about her past, it was because of her lingering feelings for Lee Dutton, her high school on-and-off-again boyfriend Kayce's older brother was there and Lewis had already flipped his lid when he found out that she was still friends with Beth Dutton, her childhood best friend.

He hated Beth with a firey passion almost as much as he hated Ryder Teller, one of her coworkers who had no problem calling him on his bullshit or even getting her husband and the motorcycle club she grew up involved in.

Especially when he had beaten Spencer senseless and like a fool, she had forgiven him and begged the two sons that were tasked with babysitting Ryder on her old man's insistence put a gun to his head and threaten to shoot him.

Deep down, she knew that she should have let Happy and Kozik, the two men with Ryder kill him, but he knew it was wrong, that that right should go to her father or Uncle Royal and his boys, or even John Dutton, her godfather should have that right. And maybe a part of her deep down, hope that Lewis showed his ass and got his.

It would break their engagement and she would be free. Free to return to the Ranch and Montana of her own free accord, she wanted to be home, but she missed home almost 10 years away was too much.

"Is that girl going to be there?" Lewis's voice shook her out of her thoughts and she turned to look at him.

"Who? Beth? I am not sure, I know Uncle John will be there, and maybe Jamie." Lewis Winchester rolled his eyes, he had heard all the stories about Spencer's Uncle John and his kids and how Lee had to come and bail her and Beth out one night after they had been caught out underage drinking. "You aren't going to go all rodeo queen again are you?"

He was referring to the time when she, Ryder, and a few of their friends went out for Ryder's bachelorette party in Las Vegas when she and her husband Jax got remarried and Spencer slipped into the girl she was before she left for Yale. "That was one time in 10 years Lewis, I am not that girl anymore." She answered, "I haven't been her in a long time." Lewis frowned and went to say something but the car rolled to a stop and she was out of the car and going towards her father.

This was only the second time he was ever meeting her father, the first time when she graduated from law school, and he and his future wife Lieghla came out, everything outside of that had been over the phone or on video chat. And he was under the impression that Frank Abbott hated him. He knew for sure that Spencer's uncle Royal and her cousins Perry and Rhett hated him, all three of them had gone as far as to tell him to his face that. He still carried the scar from Rhett's knife on his belly and the burn mark from Happy Lowman's pistol on his neck.