Expectations

FYI!!! My Ruthari one shots and my new Goldenheart story are officially out and published. :)

Ambrosius grabbed an ice pack from the fridge.
He looked in the mirror to see how bad the bruise was.
*Knock* *Knock*
Ambrosius looked over at this door questioning who was there.
"Hey, Ambrosius?"
Ballister.
Ambrosius walked over to the door and opened it up for him.
"Hey, Ambrosius!" Ballister said excitedly as he walked into Ambrosius's dorm. He closed the door as he walked in.
"Hey, Love." Ambrosius held Ballister tight.
"You okay?" Ballister questioned.
Ambrosius didn't answer, he just held him tighter.
"Ambrosius." Ballister pushed him away.
That's when he noticed a light bruise peeking through Ambrosius's hair.
"What happened?" Ballister asked worriedly as he held Ambrosius's face.
"Harsh training." Ambrosius sighed.
Ballister made a face. The same one he made whenever he was upset and annoyed.
"I need to be better as a 'descendent of Gloreth' and all." Ambrosius sighed.
"I'm trying." Ambrosius held Ballister's hands in his palms.
"I know, your instructors are just being unfair." Ballister kissed him on the cheek.
Ballister noticed the ice pack lying on the couch. He grabbed it and brushed Ambrosius's blonde hair out of the way to put it directly on the bruise.
"I don't have any after-school activities for the next week."
"Maybe I could come watch." Ballister offered.
"I would like that, just don't laugh at me when I fall." Ambrosius smiled.
"I make no promises." Ballister joked.
Ambrosius yawned.
"Sounds like someone's tired." Ballister smiled.
"Exhausted." Ambrosius groaned.
"Can we take a nap..?" Ambrosius begged.
Ballister started laughing at Ambrosius.
"Why are you laughing at meee...?" Ambrosius cried miserably.
"Ambrosius Goldenloin is begging me, a lowly commoner, for a nap together." Ballister mocked.
"Pleaseee..."
"Why didn't you just sleep before I came over?" Ballister asked with a smile on his face.
"Sleeping is different without you," Ambrosius complained like he was five.
Ballister laughed as he unpacked his stuff beside Ambrosius's couch.
"Yeah, yeah. Come here." Ballister sat himself on the couch and signaled for Ambrosius to come over.
Ambrosius walked over to Ballister and plopped himself on top of Ballister.
Ambrosius shifted onto his side as he buried his face into Ballister's chest.
"Get some sleep Golden Boy."

The next day, after school
Ballister found himself walking to Ambrosius's training class.
He didn't have anything to do anyway, might as well watch Ambrosius training.

They slowly opened the door to the training room. The door's creak echoed through the almost empty building.
"Ballister!" Ambrosius walked toward him slightly shocked. Ambrosius had his hair tied up and wore his golden armor.
"You came." Ambrosius didn't seem necessarily disappointed, but not all too excited.
"Why is he interrupting today's session?" The instructor asked in a very snobbish matter.
"I've asked him to, he won't disrupt anything, sir," Ambrosius told the instructor.
The instructor clearly made a face as he looked at Ballister.
"A commoner?" The instructor cringed.
Those words hit Ballister hard. It wasn't wrong, but it still pained him.
"I have asked him to stay, he will stay to watch my training sessions whenever he pleases," Ambrosius spoke sternly.
"Of course." The instructor said in a clearly sarcastic tone.
"You will not bother these sessions, understood?" The instructor glared at Ballister.
"Yes sir." Ballister nodded.
The instructor pointed to a group of chairs sitting against the wall. Ballister made his way toward one of the said seats.
Once Ballister sat down, the instructor gave him a nod and then turned his attention back to Ambrosius.

Once the class was done, Ambrosius was obviously panting in exhaustion.
Ballister was very disturbed by the way the instructor would teach Ambrosius.
"I expect better from you." Was the last thing the instructor said to Ambrosius before leaving the building.
Ambrosius placed a hand on his knee and the other on his chest. He was most certainly being overworked. Many strands of his hair were falling out of the bun he turned his hair into.
Ballister stood up and made his way over Ambrosius.
"That's what you deal with every day?" Ballister asked concerned.
Ambrosius took some final deep breaths.
"Yeah.." Ambrosius sighed.
"Here I'll help."