1.

She moved in a small town in a small house with her mother. Her father stayed back. Drinking.
The way she looks at her mother, who is slowly dying. sad. The emotions are just there. She's seen her new boyfriends here and there, to many she thinks.

Bringing her pills to get high on.
Not so motherly like anymore.
Broken family is the worst.
Vivian wakes up at 6 every morning, does her normal routine. Shower. Makeup to hide the bruises. Clothes. not to stylish. A little downgraded but it works.

Her mother sits at the couch. pills are scattered all across the table next to her. So many pills, she thinks. Words are hard. After the beating you'd think she wouldn't be able to get up and move.. she's lived this since 6th grade. Parent's divorced. Wouldn't say why.. guess they couldn't do it anymore. Parents. Deep sigh.

She takes a deep breath, before opening the door. she graduated early. That's always nice. College is next. She's only 17. But she grew up to soon. Had to take care of her mother who is killing herself so slowly. Her father is probably gone. But she wouldn't be able to care.. they never cared about her. She's used to the toxic environment of love.

Still in her thoughts, she notices the creak in the door. Winces that hopefully her mother doesn't awake. Sneaking around the corner, no movement. She's safe. Tiptoes out the door, closes it. College starts soon. Small town. Opens at 9 am. It's 6:30, lives about 20 miles away. She'll make it. Three hours to spend anyways. Better to leave when the sun is coming up than later. Mother would be awake then. If she wasn't high on pills. maybe she's dead? She thinks.

Shaking her head.. how dare she think that? Death on a parent? Cold. No matter how smart she was she really never cared about what her mom and dad did. if drinking takes the pain away, that's cool. If drowning yourself in pills that's cool too.

Sighing she keeps walking, every step she takes she's sighs deeper. How could anyone be up this early? Vivian is. Alway. Even if the death of the cold. Never really bothered her in any way. Her skin is so white. She looks sick. But her green eyes are already sinking. Her blonde hair is turning white. She's skinny to where her bones are showing. Nicknames during school were walking skeleton. Teachers would laugh or even think about offering food. Vivian is starving. Has been. Mom has no food. Dad is somewhere. She doesn't think about it. Had snacks in her room to stop the hunger but it really never did anything. She never was hungry.