Chapter 1

Lunch had finally started, the bell ringing throughout the school. Ni-ki got up from his desk, being the first person to rush out of the classroom. Running to the bathrooms where no one went, pushing past people. He finally reached the doors and ran to the furthest cubicle. He sighed in relief while digging around in his pockets looking for the pack of cigs, he had stashed in there this morning. It wasn't there, he must've lost it while running.

"Shit! Someone is going to report it to the office now." Ni-ki spoke aloud, no one was ever in these stalls. He shoved the door open in anger and found someone, leaning on the wall. "Looking for this?" The person waved the cigarette pack in Ni-ki's face. Ni-ki sighed, attempting to take it from his hand yet missing countless times.

"Just give it back asshole!" Ni-ki yelled in anger, the stranger was playing with him which angered him. "I'll give it back if I can have one." The stranger proposed a deal. Ni-ki scoffed, this guy definitely wasn't the type to hand it into the office. That didn't change the fact that he didn't know the guy at all.

"I don't even know you!" Ni-ki complained, unsure if this guy was going to give it back. "Doesn't matter, I found it." Ni-ki laughed and shook his head, 'This guy is pissing me off' Ni-ki thought. Ni-ki sighed, fed up and nodded before reaching his hand out for the pack. The stranger gave it back and Ni-ki pulled one out and handed it to him. Ni-ki grabbed his lighter, which turned out to be dead and turned to the guy.

"You got a lighter?" Ni-ki asked. The guy nodded and lit his cigarette, then passing the lighter to Ni-ki. Ni-ki lit the cigarette and passed the lighter out. He inhaled it and exhaled it before asking the stranger another question. "Who are you anyway?"

"Jungwon, Yang Jungwon. I'm 17."

Jungwon was a year older than Ni-ki. Ni-ki nodded and continued to inhale the cigarette. Jungwon was now interested in Ni-ki. "What about you?"

"Nishimura Riki, but just call me Ni-ki. I'm 16."

Jungwon smiled, knowing he was a year younger than him was slightly reassuring. They both sat there in complete silence for a while. Inhaling and exhaling every 15 seconds. The silence was broken when Jungwon spoke up again.

"Your young for smoking." The older said, looking down at his feet. Ni-ki was confused, the age gap wasn't big. "I'm only a year younger than you? I've been smoking since I was 13." Jungwon nodded, seeming like the quiet type. The school bells rang, it startled both of them and neither of them budged. They looked up at each other, they spent the whole lunch break smoking together.

"You going to last period?" Jungwon asked, hoping for a good answer. Ni-ki scoffed and looked at Jungwon while smiling. "I never go." He laughed, Ni-ki sat down, leaning against one of the bathroom doors. Jungwon sat, leaving against the wall. Smoke filled the bathroom from head to toe. It had been at least an hour, so it made sense. Ni-ki wanted to ask Jungwon something.

"Why do you smoke?"

"What?"

"Everyone has a reason. Why do you smoke?"

"Oh, just to relieve stress I guess."

Ni-ki knew Jungwon wasn't saying the full answer, but they had just met so he wasn't going to be invasive. Jungwon asked Ni-ki the same, trying their best to start a conversation.

"What about you?"

"Family, mental health. That stuff."

Jungwon simply nodded, most people had similar reasons to that question. It was about 10 minutes until they could go home. They had run out of cigarettes, now they had to start a conversation, so it wasn't awkward. Jungwon had more than one cigarette but Ni-ki didn't mind after Jungwon saved him from getting in trouble. Jungwon thought about what Ni-ki had said.

"Ni-ki, what did you mean mental health?" Jungwon asked, trying to start another conversation.

Ni-ki looked up at Jungwon immediately, there was silence. Then Ni-ki finally answered.

"I uh don't really want to talk about it."

Jungwon realized that Ni-ki was trying to avoid the question, so Jungwon changed the subject to something less touchy but there was nothing. So, Ni-ki changed the subject into a question he had wanted to ask for a while.

"Do you only do cigarettes...?" Ni-ki tried to hint towards Jungwon what he meant. Jungwon looked down after hearing the question, he looked up and slightly shook his head. Ni-ki nodded with a smile.

"Drugs?" Ni-ki asked, Jungwon quietly chuckled and looked at Ni-ki. Ni-ki was waiting for an answer. Jungwon slowly nodded, hoping he could trust this stranger with that information. Ni-ki nodded, laughing a bit. Jungwon pointed at Ni-ki, tilting his head. He was asking Ni-ki the same. Ni-ki again laughed and nodded, he pulled out his phone and faced it at Jungwon.

"Let's exchange numbers, we might want to talk again." Jungwon typed his number into Ni-ki's phone right before the school bell rang. They stood up, throwing the cigarette rubbish in the bin. They made eye contact with each other just before leaving the bathroom.

"May we meet again Jungwon."

"Indeed Ni-ki."