Chapter 1 - The Big Job

Maria's POV

I was busy scrolling on my phone, looking for any houses or elderly homes that need help with cleaning, and I was about to give up hope as nothing was popping up for me until I suddenly found a job that was just listed. A pretty big one too. It was a gigantic mansion, owned by just two people. They left a phone number, so I rang them immediately to make sure that it was real. It got answered!

"Hello?"  a young woman's voice was heard from the other end of the phone.

"Hey there, I'm Maria Dolton. I am calling to confirm that you want your home cleaned?" I asked her.

"Yes, that is correct. When are you free? Also, are you able to move in with us too?"  she responded, getting straight on the wrong path. 

"Ma'am, I cannot move in with you unless you hire me to do that kind of service. I can only do day jobs." I told her.

"Oh, well you can pretend that you didn't hear me ask that question. What days are you free?" she asked me.

"I'm free on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays." I told her my days. 

"Do you mind if you come on Fridays?" she asked. 

"Yes, I can do Fridays. Due to the size of your property though, it will be expensive." I warned her.

"That's fine with us."  she said, it was almost like I could hear a smile somehow. 

"Okay, I will be there tomorrow. Thank you for confirming." I said to her before I was about to end the call but the woman was ahead of me. Was it just me, or was that call a tad bit suspicious? A trap, maybe?

I took a small deep breath, before I got up from my desk and began to get ready for tomorrow by getting the cleaning supplies. 

Honestly, I wasn't ready. 

I was scared.