Chapter 3 - A Sweet Chat

Maria's POV

Well, the only way to celebrate my big payment was to treat myself. I haven't really been doing that, lately. 

I showered to get rid of the chemical smell, sprayed my clothes with some lavender perfume and wore them, which was a pair of blue jeans and a oversized black t-shirt. The place that I was going to, was the local bar. I wore black leather heels to match with my outfit, and so I arrived at the bar in five minutes. Yeah, the bar was literally next to my house. The bar was called Velvet Gloom, and even though the name would put you off from going there, inside, it was a calm environment. But, something felt off today. 

Sienna was there with her girlfriend, talking to the owner. 

I walked over to them, and that was when they turned around to greet me. 

"Hi, Maria. I apologise for the inconvenience but we have just bought this building. So, this bar is closed until further notice. I hope we didn't ruin any of your plans." Sienna apologised, "It's fine, honestly. The bar was going downhill anyway, not enough customers to keep it going, you know?" I said to her. 

"Well, there will be plenty of customers. We run multiple businesses of our own. We basically own every building in this small town." Sienna's girlfriend chuckled, "Oh, and my name is Lucia." she added, announcing her name to me. Similar names, almost matching. No wonder why they were a beautiful couple. I wish I could have a relationship like that. Well, I never had a relationship, I didn't have time for that kind of nonsense. 

"You are welcome to visit us whenever you want, Maria. Maybe tonight?" Lucia offered me, grabbing Sienna's hand softly. "No, not tonight. I have to follow my schedule, sorry." I told her politely, "Well, I'm going to go home and watch a movie. I'll see you both later, have a nice rest of your day." I then told them, before I walked away, leaving the old Velvet Gloom for the final time. Whatever they turn it to, I'm sure it would be great.

A few hours later, I was curled up on the sofa, watching a movie. I had a blue blanket wrapped around my shoulders, before I let out a small yawn. Well, it was coming to the end of the movie anyway, so I turned off the television and went upstairs into my cosy small bedroom, laying down on my single bed. 

I closed my eyes, and when I was about to fall asleep, I heard a knock.

I sighed, getting back up as I went to answer the front door. 

I opened it to see Sienna and Lucia, holding hands. 

"Girls, I don't want to be that person, but please can you both...-" I began to tell them, until Sienna cut me off. "We want to offer you a room in our home, to make up for today." she told me. "Okay. I accept, but on one condition." I said, "Anything for you, Maria." Lucia told me. 

"You can be yourselves, but leave me out of anything love wise." I gave them my one condition. 

They turned to each other, then they turned to face me again.

"Sure, we can do that."