Chapter - 7

"Hello"

"Ahhhhhhh......"

Hearing that painful scream as well as more such screams following it, Wang YiBo almost jumped out of his chair. His heart ached at every scream echoing in his ears through his handheld device.

He hung up the voice call without delay and made a video call out of desperation to see what was happening on the other side. As soon as it was picked up, he found Dr. Li with troubled expressions, instructing the staff around him to carefully attach an IV drip to Xiao Zhan.

"What's going on there?" Wang Yibo asked calmly, regaining his composure.

"Doctor Wang, the patient hurt himself and is in pain now." Dr. Li replied.

"How? Why is he in so much pain?" Barely came out of his mouth. He was worried that if Xiao Zhan did get hurt, how serious it would be.

"We don't know exactly how it happened. It was in the afternoon when the nurse came to bathe Xiao Zhan, he looked a little upset. Leaving him inside the bathroom, the nurse briefly came out to get something from the room. It took her some time outside. Meanwhile, along with screaming and shouting, they heard the sound of something falling inside the bathroom. When that nurse along with Mrs Xiao reached inside after hearing voices, they found the patient lying on the floor." Dr. Li explained the situation in one breath.

"Where is the pain? Does he have any injury?" Wang YiBo asked further.

"He has back pain but no external injuries."

"His back? What about any internal injuries?" Screams grew louder in the background, making Wang Yibo worried.

"The possibilities are high. When his condition stabilizes, we will do some tests.

"Do it quickly." Dr. Li nodded at the instructions.

Wang Yibo thought for a second and asked again. "Doctor Li, do you have any idea what could be causing him pain?"

"I can't say for sure but...I think he got hit on his back by a table over there. This is my observation. When we went to bring him into the room, I saw a table lying next to him."

Wang Yibo remained silent for a few moments to absorb the information provided by the doctor in charge. When all the things went through his mind, he asked Dr. Li to focus the phone's camera on the patient. Dr. Li immediately did as he was told and switched the camera back from selfie mode which was now focused on Xiao Zhan.

For Wang Yibo, this scene was even more unpleasant than he had imagined. Xiao Zhan was writhing in excruciating pain, lying on the bed and crying out to drown out the pain that was burning inside him. There was no visible movement in his numb limbs, but his head and hands were shaking violently like a madman. From time to time he was throwing his head upwards and then again and again sinking it into the pillow he was crying bitterly. To keep the IV needle securely attached to his arm, two nurses held his arms securely. His hands gripped the edge of the bed so tightly that his fingers turned white as if someone had squeezed blood out of them.

Seeing Xiao Zhan's condition, Wang Yibo forgot to move forward. Everything fell silent around him. The only thing he could see or hear was the man writhing and screaming in pain and he stared at him without blinking.

What was this feeling?

The more Wang YiBo looked, the more determined he was to take Xiao Zhan's pain away from him, to soothe him, to heal him.

"......ng?"

".... Wang?"

"Dr Wang?"