Chapter One - Accidental Meeting

Your P.O.V.

—-------------

"Shit shit shit!" I grab my bag and skates and run out the door of my apartment rushing down the stairs. I sit on the front step and quickly put on my skates and tie the laces. I stand up stumbling a little I quickly head off to work trying not to be late. One of my neighbors stops me handing me a bag of food. It's Mrs. Hernendes. She knows I always forget to make myself food so she often cooks lunch for me.

"Hello (Name)! Sleep through your alarm again!?"

"Yeah! Good to see you're doing well though Mrs. Hernendes!" I wave to her skate off throwing the messenger bag over my shoulder. I skate past neighbors and friends waving as I go. Until I run into someone I sit back and immediately begin to apologize.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going are you alright?" I look at his face and I am met with one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen.

"I'm alright but what about you are you okay?" His eyes are filled with concern. I shake myself out of my daze and try to stand up I stumble a few times before the strange man helps steady me. He hands me my phone that fell out of my pocket and I turn it on to see if it's alright. When I turn it on I see the time.

"Oh shit again I'm so sorry but I really have to get going!" I wave to him as I skate off. I finally make it to my workplace an 80's themed cafe. I'm stopped by my boss as I go to sket through the door.

"Switch your wheels before you come in here (Name)." I quickly get out my tools from my bag and start to take off my wheels putting on the set that I use inside the building. My manager finally moves and I head inside putting my bag in the employee break area and placing my lunch in the fridge. I skate out to the floor and look at the flooring chart noticing I'm the only one on the chart today. My manager comes over and I look at him confused.

"We have a celebrity coming in today with his band, they rented out the whole cafe."

"Less work for me I guess." I skate off to the table my manager prepared and I start setting things up. Putting out menus and silverware. I hear the front door open and I skate over where I see a man with his hair in a bun, a shorter man with short brown hair, a man with slicked-back blonde hair, and finally the man I ran into this morning. I pretend I don't recognize him.

"Hello, I'm (Name) I'll be your waitress today." I greet them with a smile and motion for them to follow me. I show them to their table and move out of their way.

"Oh uh, we should introduce ourselves. I'm Tom, this is my brother Bill." The one with the bun motions to the man I met this morning,

"This is Gustav." The blonde raises his hand and waves.

"And finally we have Georg." The brunette smiles and waves at me.

"It's nice to meet all of you. How about we get started with your drinks." I smile at them and they all give me their orders, I write down everything on my notepad and head back to the drink area to get everything from the soda machine. I place all the cups on a tray and skate out placing each cup in the right place. They all stare at me in awe and I chuckle a little. I grab a small button out of my apron and hand it to Tom.

"Press this when you guys are ready to order it'll buzz me and I'll come right out." I skate to the back where the cook Jarred is hanging out scrolling through his phone. I reach my hands through the window that would normally have a bunch of dishes in it and I grab his shoulders. He screams like a little girl and I lose it laughing.

"(Name) what the hell?! Why did you do that?!" He looks rather frazzled and I laugh.

"I wanted to see if you were paying attention to your surroundings, like at all. Clearly, you were not." I laugh to myself before the buzzer in my pocket goes off. I skate back to the table and smile.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yeah, um I'd like-" Tom is the first to order followed by Georg and Gustav. Finally, it's Bill's turn to order and he just stares at me. Tom elbows him in the side and he shakes his head telling me his order. I write it down and go over to the window sticking the note on the wheel and turning it toward Jarred.

"Get cooking Jarred we don't want our famous patrons waiting too long now do we?" He rolls his eyes at me and starts to cook the food. My buzzer goes off and I head over. Tom has a smug look on his face and Bill is holding his face in his hands.

"Hey, my brother told me he ran into an angel this morning before we came here and I think you're the angel." Tom is grinning like a maniac while Bill sinks into his seat.

"I'm still really sorry for running into you this morning, I was running late." I look down at my skates while I apologize for the second time today. He sits up waving his hands.

"No no, don't apologize we both weren't looking where we were going." He smiles at me and I smile back. I look over to the window and notice that while we were talking Jarred finished the food. I wave at them and head over to the window grabbing their food. I place each meal in the correct spot. I wave at them and smile heading to the employee break room and popping my lunch in the microwave. It finishes and I take a quick bite. I smile to myself. Mrs. Hernedes has always been an amazing cook. My buzzer goes off and I quickly stand up and skate over to the table. Tom asks for a refill and I happily go get it but I notice a napkin stuck to the side I pull it off and notice it's a note.

"My brother thinks you're cute ;) xxx-xxx-xxx." I smile at the middle school-era note and place it in my pocket.

They're a little strange but they seem nice.