☁︎ NOVIEMBRE☂︎

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH SINCE HALLOWEEN, BUT HER BODY WAS STILL WITH HIM

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH SINCE HALLOWEEN, BUT HER BODY WAS STILL WITH HIM. Her Spotify account played his music nonstop to fill her silent days, and her chaotic nights were always at reggaeton parties. Her request to the DJ was Bad Bunny, just like everyone else's. Scream was also her favorite horror movie now... but that was beside the point.

When she wasn't booking modeling shoots, her little flings hit her up to pass the time. They texted her as usual, but she became so bored of them that as of late she never replied. The days without a text back turned into weeks, and their messages were more sensitive. Why are you being a stranger, Jaz? Remember me? Hello big head??? So you don't know how to text?

And of course, the classic sole question mark.

You ghost LA guys, and their egos are so bruised they send accusatory texts. She wasn't even dating them. They just had fun, and she owed them nothing. If she did happen to bump into them on a night out (they were always upset), her puppy-dog eyes answered, "My phone was stolen, and I haven't been able to get another one. It's been hard, but I missed you, too. I'm sorry..." 

The guy who'd just accused her of playing him shrank in embarrassment at causing an unnecessary scene. He pulled out a wad of cash so she could buy a new phone, his treat, as an apology. She put up a front like she couldn't possibly do that, but he insisted she take his money. Sprinkle, sprinkle.

The truth was, ever since Benito, she was dissatisfied with men more than ever. She only wanted him. Her borderline narcissism made it hard to tolerate a new guy, but there was one person on her roster who wouldn't stop fighting for her attention. He sent flowers, presents, gift cards, and cash to her agent to deliver to her every day that week. 

He was an athlete she met with Diana at a basketball game, and he asked her out for lunch. It was on a rooftop lounge with a beautiful view of the skyline. He even had a helicopter booked so they can fly over LA. 

She hated helicopters. They were loud and claustrophobic. But, she humorously thought of Bad Bunny inviting her on a helicopter and how she'd fold. 

Okay, she texted back. Sounds fun. What time?

He picked her up in a 2023 shining black Benz. Her white shorts hitched up her thighs as she took a seat. She wore strappy white heels and a beige halter top.

He smiled at her - those perfect white veneers sparkling. He was clean-cut with muscles bulging out of his t-shirt as a Rolex wrapped around his wrist. Their conversation was okay. He talked about how practice was going and how a guy on his team tore his ACL.

"He's heartbroken. If he doesn't recover, he might never play again."

Jasmine tried to imagine it, being so passionate about something like basketball and having it suddenly taken away from you. Being so heartbroken over it and falling into a depression. Her hazel eyes stared blankly at the passing cars on the highway. For some reason, she couldn't imagine it.