A Friend

He never liked me.

I could see it in his eyes, the disgust he felt in my presence was overwhelming in every move he made.

No matter if we were in class, gym, or lunch, I could often feel his hatred burning holes into my back.

I didn't get it.

I had never talked to this guy

I mean I knew of him, of course, but we had never spoken directly.

I didn't get why he hated me, but when he asked for my number, I realized that maybe "hate" was the wrong word.

We were alone in the gym at the time, tasked with cleaning up after class but there was little to do, so I soon found myself preparing to leave.

I walked out of the gym and as I was filling my water bottle, he talked to me.

For the first time ever, he didn't look like he wanted to kill me

"Hey. Can I get your number."

I almost said no, the way he asked sounded more like a demand then a question, it was off putting

But when I saw his face right in front of me, I noticed just how good looking he really was. He had long messy hair that went just past his shoulders and his eyes looked tired. The guy was pretty

"Sure"

I gave him my number and we went our separate ways. After about a week he called me and we talked a bit, it was fun getting to know him over the weeks and then one night when we were hanging out in my room, I asked him why he was always glaring at me and his reply was, unexpected.

"You have a demon following you"

We were sitting on my bed when he said it and I laughed him off, I mean a demon? Really? I'm not the religious type so I thought he was just bullshitting, he wasn't.

He interlocked our hands and pointed

"Look."

I followed his directions, and sure enough, directly behind me was a black figure hunched over in an attempt to fit themself in my room.

They didn't have a definitive face, only red beady eyes.

And they were looking right at me

"Oh my fucking god what the fuck"

I moved closer to my emo guy in a attempt to get as much distance from me and them as possible.

"Calm down they don't do much. She's only here to eat on your negative emotions, she's the one Ive been glaring at"

"Eating my bad emotions? Like making me sad?"

"More or less"

With my free hand, I grabbed one of my pillows and hurled it at the huge mass

"Fuck you dude!"

She caught it and gently set it on the ground to continue staring, but not at me

"Sir, why did you tell her"

Her voice was angelic almost, but she had no mouth so I assumed she spoke telepathically, I'm still not sure if that's accurate though. It wasnt like I could hear her in my head, no I heard her all around me.

It was weird.

"Sir?"

I looked back to see him smiling softly at me before turning to the demon

"What's your name"

"Lilian, your highness"

"Well Lilian, I like this one. Leave your post, I will assign you another human by morning ok?"

"Yes sir"

The demon collapsed in on herself and disappeared

While I found myself asking yet again

"Sir? Your highness? Care to explain?"

He laughed, still holding my hand.

"I'm Satans son"

"Satan...Like lucifer morningstar? The prettiest angel and all that"

"Yep"

"Aw shit, so the bible is accurate?"

"Most of it isn't but the part about my dad getting kicked out of heaven is."

"Oh ok. Wait, how old are you"

"510 in Hell which is like 17 human years"

He told me more and the whole night I was in awe at all the information he was willing to give. He said hell was beautiful in its own way, if you're not the one being tortured, he also explained the palace. His room and his father's and the servants.

He taught me how things worked

Then he took me there

It was beautiful

I fell in love with it

He fell in love with me

We dated for a while, but it didn't last. He was in the human realm for vacation, he couldn't stay.

And my home was with my friends and family, I couldn't go

But through the years, he visited me still, told me all about what happend in his domain since his father stepped down and updated me on torturing methods.

It was the highlight of my week

And I'm sure that if I would've went with him all those years ago, I would've been happy

But that is not the choice I made

I'm on my deathbed now. He's here and Lilian too, I'm thanking them while my family is away.

"I can land you a place in heaven if you want"

"Nah, I don't want to be in blissful ignorance for eternity. Plus, I want to see you again, you still got a good 1,000 years in you yeah?"

He laughed and nodded

"So, you want the second option?"

"Only if you guys promise to find me. I don't wanna go through this living shit again if I have to be without y'all."

"Only if you promise to let me make you queen this time."

"If I remember, then I promise"

"You will. Give it time and this life will catch up with you"

I smiled at him and held out my other hand to Lilian

It's stupid, but I can't wait to die.