3.5

"Okay, so we've seen the food hall, resident halls, frat houses, sorority houses, the med wing, student services, anything else?" Skye turned to Lennox and Kaila with a smile on her face that stretched from ear to ear. 

"Yeah, I have a question. How much caffeine did you have this morning?" Kaila asked, Lennox letting out a laugh as Skye sighed. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited that this is finally happening. I didn't think we'd ever go to college together after everything that happened. I wish Sasha was here too, she'd love this." 

Her smile was sad as she looked around. 

"Yeah she would. So lets enjoy it for her." Kaila said comfortingly, taking her arm and walking away as Lennox watched.

She'd broken the news to Kaila about Sasha dying not long into their disappearance, but not once did Kaila ask how it'd happened. To this day, in fact, she still hadn't asked. As much as Lennox had the 'don't ask don't tell' mindset, she thought that even just to be polite, you would ask how one of your close friends died. What's worse was how okay she was when Lennox told her. There wasn't much she questioned about Kaila, but it was something she found strange.

The transition from home to college had been easy for the girls; they'd spent the first few days getting their bearings on campus. But the first week of the semester was rush for the fraternities and sororities on site. When Skye had first arrived two years ago she'd become a member of the Kappa Beta Nu sorority - which was being shut down - and she couldn't stop boasting about the amazing experience that she wanted the girls to have too. Kaila was all for it, Lennox not so much. She already had a sisterhood with Kaila, Sasha, and Skye. Why would she want another one? Wanted or not, she ended up being dragged into the initiation anyway. During high school, the girls had heard stories about sorority hazing, and none of them had been particularly excited about being made to eat cat food or used as a mop for the floor, but after the experience she'd had the first time around, Skye was transferring to Delta Psi to happily do it all over again.