chapter six

Diell was seething.

It had taken residence in its old town. Sure, Mikael definitely knew where it was, but if he decided to show his face here, it wasn't sure he would leave alive.

It took a deep breath in.

It's body felt wrong.

Diell took off the laurel and viel, glaring daggers at it. It was so stupid. Manipulated by Mikael to hide itself. He did it on purpose.

It placed the laurel down next to it on the debris.

The deity stood up from the rubble, running a hand through its white hair. As it did that, the white faded to a dark purple, a bright magenta streak left throughout its hair.

"Come out." Diell spoke, glaring at the space around it. Someone had followed it.

An angel stepped out from hiding - the same one from before - they were wringing their hands together anxiously, "I didn't-"

"Enough." It sighed, "What does he want now?"

"Nothing!" They flinched at their own voice, "Nothing... I came on my own- I'm sorry I can just-"

It smiled, "you disobeyed him?"

"No- no! Gods he is going to kill me-" Their messy wings went to hide them.

Diell walked up to them and put a hand on their shoulder, "What's your name?" It paused, "Your name. Not what he calls you."

"Uh..." Their wings moved to hide behind their back again, "Phean."

"Phean, suits you. A lot better than servant." It mocked Mikaels's voice when it said 'servant', letting go of the angel and walking past them.

Diell beckoned them to follow, heading through the ruined town, "Do you want to help me?"

"I mean... I am terrified of Mikael." Phean said, keeping up with the deity. They looked around, seeing the birds watching the pair.

It shrugged, "You don't need to be. Not anymore." It stopped, Phean bumped into Diell.

They apologised profusely.

"Phean. I can help you." It smiled, taking their hands into its own.

They looked at it, misguided hope shining on their face, "How?"

Diell hummed, poofing the pair into the white void. Phean got incredibly nervous.

Mikael knew they had left. And Mikael would be able to sense the pair arriving back in the white void, after all, this is his domain.

They were at the pond. Diell and Oracle's hideout.

"One moment, Phean." It said, briskly walking to the water and taking a few steps in.

The water began to swirl around the deity. The once pristine water began to poison and turn a pitch black.

Phean stood terrified.

"Okay." Diell turned to Phean, holding out its hands, "Come here."

They hesitated, "Diell... I dont think-"

"Are you going to let him ruin you more?" Diell huffed, "Are you going to let Mikael use us for entertainment?"

They shifted uncomfortably before walking to the edge of the pond, "No..." They leaned out to take Diell's hands and were yanked into the water.

Diell watched as Phean was pulled in by the water, they were screaming in agony. Their body began to contort, the pristineness of Mikaels liking began to become a dark gooey void, their wings seeming to be the only consistent part of them.

The deity got out of the water and watched as Phean became inhuman. Became a monster.

It was pleased.