A Fever Dream

Fast forward to a tranquil afternoon at the London Bridgerton estate. Penelope sat gracefully in the charming sitting room, its walls adorned with elegant tapestries and adorned with tasteful artwork. The room was bathed in soft, natural light streaming through the large windows, casting a warm glow over the inviting space. A small tea table was set before Penelope, adorned with delicate porcelain teacups and a steaming teapot filled with her favorite blend. The fragrance of freshly brewed tea filled the air, mingling with the soft notes of lavender and rose petals.

As Penelope took a moment to savor her tea, she glanced out the window, admiring the well-manicured gardens that stretched beyond. The gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the nearby trees, creating a serene and idyllic atmosphere. Just as Penelope began to lose herself in her thoughts, a knock at the door broke the tranquility of the room. Anthony, the protective elder brother, and Colin, her adoring husband, exchanged curious glances before rising from their seats to join Penelope. The door creaked open, revealing a lawyer standing in the doorway. Dressed in a crisp suit, he held a collection of papers in his hands. His presence seemed unexpected, causing a moment of confusion to pass between Anthony, Colin, and Penelope.

Realizing the lawyer's purpose, Penelope motioned for him to enter. The lawyer stepped inside, his gaze respectful and his expression composed. The room seemed to grow quieter as they settled into an atmosphere of anticipation and curiosity. The lawyer took a seat opposite Penelope, his posture reflecting a sense of authority and expertise. The tea room's ambiance remained serene, a stark contrast to the underlying intrigue that permeated the air. It was clear that this encounter held significance, and Penelope's keen mind was eager to unravel the purpose behind the lawyer's visit.

The lawyer, jeremy White, a distinguished figure with a keen intellect and astute demeanor, held a significant role in Penelope's life. Having been the trusted confidant and legal advisor during her covert days as Lady Whistledown, he had guided her through the intricate web of legalities and investments that accompanied her secret identity. With utmost professionalism, the lawyer had skillfully navigated the intricate world of finance and law, ensuring that Penelope's assets and investments were managed effectively and discreetly. Through his expert guidance, Penelope had successfully transitioned her affairs to the capable hands of the Bridgerton family lawyers upon her marriage to Colin.

Despite the sensitive nature of Penelope's secret as Lady Whistledown, the lawyer held no ill will or rancor towards her. On the contrary, he respected her astuteness and cunning, recognizing the shrewdness with which she had orchestrated her covert operations. In fact, he owed her a debt of gratitude for the trust she had placed in him. Especially, after she had recognized the lawyer's exceptional skills and his unwavering loyalty, Penelope decided to play a pivotal role in his professional journey. She had facilitated his establishment of his own firm, introducing him to her extensive network of investments and securing the trust of her brothers-in-law, who became clients of his newly founded enterprise.

Through Penelope's influence and connections, the lawyer had gained access to a realm of opportunities, expanding his portfolio and reputation. Her faith in his abilities had propelled his career forward, cementing his place as a respected legal advisor in esteemed circles. As the lawyer sat across from Penelope, his eyes conveyed a sense of mutual respect and appreciation. The intricacies of their past collaboration and the profound impact they had on each other's lives hung in the air, underscoring the depth of their connection and the unspoken bond between them.

Just as the silence began to weigh heavily upon them, the door swung open, Penelope straightened her posture, ready to delve into the business at hand. "Good afternoon, Lady Bridgerton, Lord Bridgerton, and Viscount Bridgerton. Thank you for granting me this audience." Jeremy began.