30

Trigger warning; mention of SA

We make it home but we don't even make it to the front door. Gael turns around and matches with a stern look on his blood marked face.

"You wanted to shoot me," says Gael.

"What?"

"I said, you wanted to shoot me dead."

"No..."

"You were thinking about it. I saw your eyes."

I stand before Gael, the weight of his words sinking deep into my core. His accusation hangs heavily in the air, leaving me at a loss for how to respond. "I've always wanted to kill you," he says, his voice steady but filled with a mix of resignation and curiosity.

I take a deep breath, summoning the courage to face the truth head-on. There's no use denying it any longer. It's time to lay bare the darkness that has haunted me for so long.

"I figured," he replies. "But I never knew I would actually point a gun at you."

Gael's gaze narrows, studying me intently. He leans in slightly, searching for the truth in my eyes.

"I have every reason to want you dead," I confess, my voice laced with a mix of pain and determination. The words hang in the air, their weight almost suffocating.

For a moment, silence envelops us, thick with tension and unspoken emotions. The truth is a double-edged sword, both freeing and terrifying. I brace myself for his reaction, unsure of how he will respond to my confession.

Gael's expression softens, a flicker of understanding crossing his features. It's a delicate dance between adversaries, an acknowledgment of the pain and darkness that has bound us together. "I can't say I blame you," he says, his voice filled with a mix of resignation and a hint of regret. "After all of this, you still see your uncle in a rose-tinted lens."

"Because he was my only family in this fucking city."

"Bobby sold you out. I see this happen a lot with men in gangs. Families become collateral damage or straight up another source of income for them."

"That gave you no right to do what you did."

"Bobby, betrayed me. And I wanted him to feel what he did to me. But then when I saw you," he sighs, "Call me a hopeless romantic, but I couldn't kill you. Instead, I made a whole elaborate plan just to get you to like me."

"You mean to tell me you fucked up my livelyhood because you had a fucking feelings in your dick!"

"Now that you say it like that–"

"Shut up! Just shut the hell up!" I shake my head trying to make use of this matter.

As I face Gael, an unsettling mix of emotions churns within me. The weight of his presence threatens to engulf me, but I refuse to let fear overtake my resolve. I take a deep breath, steadying myself, determined to confront the storm that brews between us.

"You know what was so funny?" I say, my voice tinged with a bitter edge. "I actually did liked you at some point. I mean if I didn't, I would have let you fuck me. Well, knowing you, you'd probably—" My voice falters for a moment, but I press on. "You'd probably take it anyway."

Gael interrupts, his voice firm and resolute. "I am not that kind of guy," he hisses, his words tinged with an air of defiance. He steps closer, his presence looming over me. "Don't ever think of me like that again."

Anger bubbles within me, fueling my words. "You are just like every other guy in this city," I retort, my voice laced with frustration. "Fucked up monsters, each and every one of you."

Gael's gaze meets mine, an unspoken challenge passing between us. The truth of his statement hangs heavy in the air. "I kept you safe from the Thunder Dragons. They would have fucked up because your direct affiliation to Bobby."

"Fucking me doesn't absolve you of your sins," I continue, my voice filled with a mix of defiance and pain. "You can't use protection as an excuse for your actions. Keeping me safe doesn't make up for the ways you've messed up my life. My dreams."

A tense silence settles upon us, the weight of our words lingering in the air. Yes, he may have kept me safe from the Thunder Dragons, but the cost has been high. The violence, the manipulation—it all taints our relationship, leaving scars that run deep.

"Yeah, I messed up. But I'm glad you are alive to tell me that."

With a fire burning within me, I lock eyes with Gael, my resolve unyielding. "Fuck you," I say, my voice filled with anger.

Gael's expression flickers, a mixture of emotions crossing his features. For a moment, doubt seems to cloud his eyes, a hint of remorse tugging at his hardened exterior. But as quickly as it appears, he regains his composure, his walls rising once more.

We stand there, a chasm of hurt and anger separating us, but in that moment, I find strength within myself. "You were really naive to think I would love you."

"Leilani–"

"No, listen to me. You really thought that taking what I wanted and sticking up in your base like some prisoner is gonna make me love you? What did I think was gonna happen? We are gonna have your little monster babies to terrorize this city?"

"Shut your mouth."

We hear each other's faces. He knows I'm speaking the truth. I've seen this happen so many times. Guys like him, always wanting to capture the girl like she is some exotic bird that needs to be kept in a golden cage for his own pleasure.

I stand there, seething with anger and frustration, when the sound of the front door opening catches my attention. My heart skips a beat as Shaion's voice breaks the silence. "Oh, sorry..." she begins, sensing the tension.

But before she can retreat, Gael speaks. "No, Shaion, stay. I'm going to need you to keep an eye on her for a few days."

I turn to Gael, my eyes narrowing with resentment. "You're keeping me in here like a fucking prisoner. How bold of you after everything I said," I snap, my words dripping with sarcasm.

Gael's head whips around to face me, his eyes flashing with a mix of irritation and frustration. He takes a step towards me, his voice sharp with a hint of venom. "You are free to go wherever the fuck you want once the coast is clear," he retorts, his tone biting. "If I cared at all, you could turn yourself to the Thunder Dragons. Maybe they might make you their new leader."

Shaion meets my gaze but she shy's away from the anger still brewing within me. "Are you alright?"

I pause. "I think it will be once I get away from him." I walk right past her and head to my room.

  ꧁꧂
please leave some comments and votes 💕