33 Epilogue

In a major victory for law enforcement agencies, the notorious criminal organization known as the Thunder Dragons has been dismantled and its key members apprehended. The gang, known for its involvement in a wide range of criminal activities including theft, robbery, kidnapping, and trafficking, has long plagued the city with its reign of terror.

Following months of tireless investigative work, a joint operation between local police and federal authorities culminated in a series of coordinated raids that successfully apprehended several high-ranking members of the Thunder Dragons. Law enforcement officials hailed the operation as a significant blow to organized crime within the city.

"The arrest of these individuals sends a clear message that no one is above the law," stated Police Chief Peter. "The Thunder Dragons have caused immeasurable harm to our community, and today we have taken a significant step towards restoring peace and safety for our residents–"

The T.V turns off and I groan. "I was watching that," I protest, my voice tinged with frustration.

My mom looks at me with a stern expression. "I don't want that on my screen," she says firmly, her tone leaving no room for argument.

I let out a sigh, feeling a mix of annoyance and disappointment. It's been a few months since our encounter with the notorious gang, the Thunder Dragons. We didn't end up moving out of New York City, but we found a safer neighborhood where we could rebuild our lives.

In the aftermath of that incident, I decided to put my dreams of opening a new fashion boutique aside. I redirected my energy into my online presence, building a successful fashion blog and establishing a following on platforms like TikTok and YouTube.

To my surprise, my online ventures flourished beyond my wildest dreams. I began collaborating with renowned fashion brands like Chanel.

With nothing else to do, I grab my laptop and start typing away.I have some new content I need to plan out for both social media and updating my blog. I never thought writing a blog would be so hard, but it pays my bills so I can complain.

My concentration is interrupted by my dad entering the room, carrying a big plate of delicious-smelling food. "Who wants some fried garlic-onion on a kebab?"

"Ugh, that smells gross."

He flashes a playful grin as he says, "Well, more for me!"

I watch as my dad takes a bite then tries to kiss mom who is not having it. I watch my parents share a moment of happiness, their laughter filling the room. However, a sense of dullness pervades my emotions, overshadowing the joy that surrounds me. Taking a deep breath, I gather the courage to speak up. "Mom, Dad, I want to tell you something," I say, my voice quivering slightly.

Both of them turn their attention towards me, curiosity evident in their eyes. "What is it, sweetheart?" my mom asks, her tone filled with genuine concern.

I hesitate for a moment, searching for the right words to convey my feelings. "I've been thinking about moving," I finally confess. "I feel like I need a fresh start, a new place where I can explore new opportunities and find my own path."

There's a brief pause as my words sink in. I can sense a mixture of surprise and understanding in their expressions.

"Whatever makes you happy, my dear," dad says, his eyes filled with unconditional love. "We want nothing more than for you to find your own happiness and fulfill your dreams."

My mom nods in agreement, her gaze filled with reassurance. "We've always believed in you and your ability to carve out your own path," she adds. "If moving is what you feel is right for you, we trust your judgment."