1

"We're going on stage in five, Stas", I heard Matt call from the other end of the dressing room.

Matt had been my best friend for over three years now, and he had finally let me come along with him and the band on their European tour. I didn't know the rest of the band very well, but I promised myself that I would try and get to know them better, just for Matt's peace of mind.

Suddenly I felt someone's elbow strike my back, right between my shoulder blades, causing all the air to be knocked out from my lungs in one sharp blow. I didn't even have time to catch my breath back before a low, scolding voice rang through my eardrums. "Look where you're walking will ya?"

A fairly tall figure with dark chestnut hair swept over his face shoved past me, two muscular men with sunglasses perched upon the top of their heads timidly trailing behind him. I recognised none of these men, however I figured that the one in the front, who'd rather rudely shoved past me, was the lead singer and guitarist of the band. Alexander David Turner.

Matthew had mentioned him to me a couple times, describing him as a mysterious and extremely closed-off individual. I hadn't thought much of it and I'd assumed it was just Matt being his dramatic self, but after mine and Alex's recent encounter I discovered that maybe he was right. Alex didn't seem to be the nicest, nor gentlest, person to be around by the looks of it and I wasn't looking forward to sucking up to him and trying to be friendly when it came to properly introducing myself later at the show's afterparty.

I assumed that the two lads following him like sheep were Nick O'Malley and Jamie Cook, the bassist and other guitarist in the band. 

Matt exited the dressing room in a hurry, carrying his drumsticks in one hand and frantically ushering me to follow him with his other. I obliged and wandered out of the room, trailing behind him as Nick and Jamie did with Alex. We rushed up an old set of stairs before being faced with a herd of stage crew rushing through the big black curtains that were separating us from the stage.

"Alright love, I'll be off now, I'm late", Matt said through a sigh, quickly bringing me to his side for a quick hug before disappearing through the curtains onto the well-lit stage. A huge roar erupted from the crowd and I couldn't help but beam at the sound of my best friends success.