Lashing out or Letting go

Taylor

I was still hurt and pissed, like you, my friend, but your ass just made me feel. Well, I don't want to talk about how I was feeling. But that's okay because kay ass knows me, and I can be bitchy sometimes, so I did some petty shit, and it was funny to me since my feelings can be laughed at. I was just about to make dinner when there was a knock on my door. I look out my window to see Wayne. I was surprised he was supposed to be spending time with his kids today.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"I heard about what you did. What was that about" Wayne asks. I sigh and look at my other best friend not really feeling up to explaining myself. I gesture for him to come in and after we are both situated in the living room, I tell Wayne about his friend.

"I told him how I felt today, and he laughed. Dude really just fucking laughed while I poured my heart out.

"Damn, I'm sorry, Tay, but you know that was kind of a bitch move what you did."

He said, but I shrugged my shoulders

"So he deserved it." I did not feel bad one bit.

"Did you ever think that maybe he wasn't gonna return your feelings"

"You know I did; I just never thought he would laugh dead in my face like I was telling some kind of joke."

He pulled me into his arms and hugged me, and we sat on the sofa.

"I'm sorry you got hurt, but you know what he likes. How long y'all been friends."

"Yeah, I know, but damn, I was there every time he needed me. Hell, I at least listened. He just basically shoved my feelings to the curb, but watched when the next bitch hurt him. Who do you think he is going to be calling?"

"I know that, but maybe it's time to let it go." Wayne says "this isn't worth the energy Taylor"

"I know you're right, and I am, but I don't want to see his ass any time soon."

"I feel you." He said and I changed the subject.

"What happens to spending the day with the kids?" I ask him

"I spent most of it with them."

"What happened" I just knew something had to happen.

"Took the kids to the park. Some chick was talking about how adorable They were. Next thing I know, Karen popped up with her best friend talking about how I had our kids around other bitches, and I was no good man and father."

"Damn, I'm sorry," I say

"It's cool. It was good while it lasted."

"I didn't understand Karen's ass. She was always talking about how she didn't want Wayne any more, but every time a chick even approached him, she would refuse access to his kids. I couldn't stand females who used their kids to get what they wanted. You only punished the child.

"Maybe I can talk to her. I am the kid's godmother."

"Nah, it's cool. I will get them tomorrow and for the rest of the week, and we won't be in town, so I doubt her ass will drive over a hundred miles because she heard some shit."

I burst out laughing. I actually think she would, but I don't tell Wayne that.

"Look at you smiling already," he says with a smile

"Yea, thanks to you, thanks for coming to check on me

"You know I got your back no matter what."

We chill for a while before he leaves. My phone goes off, and it's a text from Kay's Stupid ass.

Text read:

"You know you're wrong for that shit Tay really, damn what I got to do to fix this.."

I just read it, ignore it, throw my phone on the couch, and go find me something to eat. Being petty can make you hungry.

#

Porshia

My son was with my mom, so I was relaxing. I was enjoying a glass of wine when there was a knock on my door. He stood there with a smile on his face. I roll my eyes and say what do you want? I was frustrated yesterday. I spent the day with my girl Nei because she got played by the same guy who claimed to be her bestie, and it reminded me of Nico and me, except I ended up with his kid. Don't get me wrong, I loved my son to death. To top it off, Rah still hasn't returned my calls or text, and it's really bothering me. I mean, he left so damn fast that he didn't even give me a chance to respond. I mean, I'm not gonna lie; I've always been sort of attracted to Rah. But we were friends, and when you are that close to someone, you push those feelings back deep down and don't dwell on them. But one thing for sure, I couldn't be with nobody with this one breathing down my neck.

"Hey," Nico says

"Hey yourself"

"Why are you so gloomy?"

"I'm not."

"Hmm, you gonna share that," he says, taking the glass from my hand and drinking it.

"Really, Nico"

"What?"

I just shake my head.

"So what are you gonna do to fix this?"

"Fix what? "I turn and face him, wondering what the hell he talking about

"us, whatever it is that's broken between us, what are you gonna do to fix it so we can go back to being us?"

I had to pray because I just wanted to slap this fool, and I almost reached out and did it.

"I'm not fixing shit; I'm not the one who cheated, who walked away when we found out we had a child that was you, and who says I want to fix anything between us."

"Come on, porch, you know you do. Why else have you been staying single all this time."

"Maybe because I'm enjoying being by myself. You know what, when was the last time you came over here and asked about your son or checked on your son? No, you only want to come over after your son is asleep or not here because you think you can come here, flirt and get in bed, but that stops today. I'm done with your ass, and I want you to leave, don't call me, don't come over or text me unless it has something to do with our child; now get the hell out," I say, getting mad as hell.

"P, come on you."

"Get the hell out," I say, pointing at the door

"You're serious right now."

"dead"

"Alright, fine, but when your bed gets lonely at night, don't come calling me."

"I won't trust me."

He walked towards the door, and I was about to close it and he turned around.

"Wait, can I see my son before I go.

"You know damn well he is with his grandmother. Get the hell off my property," I yell, slamming the door in his face and locking it. I can't believe I dealt with his shit for so long. But that's a lie. I did as much as he wanted. Those times we still slept together, I did too. But I wasn't falling for his crap any more.