Silver, Iron, and Holy Water

Sanity is a fickle thing.

One second I'm playing a paranormal game out of boredom and the next, I'm haunted by a demon.

A demon that's apparently in love with me.

He stands in the middle of the room, deflecting all of the objects I'm throwing at him easily.

I hold up my silver bracelet and hold it like a shield in front of me as he stalks closer. "It's silver!" Does silver even affect demons? Maybe it's just a werewolf thing.

He bends down to inspect it. "It's not real silver." You're a liar, Mother, I think as I throw away my bracelet, grabbing some soggy spinach from my salad.

He blinks. "What's this supposed to be?"

I shrug, pressed against my kitchen counter. "It's supposed to have iron in it."

In a flash, he's right in front of me and I flinch, closing my eyes. Something cool touches my cheek and I open my eyes, hesitating.

The backs of his fingers brush the side of my face and I see rings of iron on his fingers. He grins and the smile lights up his face. "I wear rings of iron," he whispers.

I stomp on his foot and he hisses. Quickly I pull myself on to the kitchen counter and grab the flask of holy water kept in the kitchen cabinet.

He looks at me blankly from the floor.

Opening it, I dump the contents on his head.

Except a single drop doesn't touch him.

The water just hands in midair as if frozen in time.

"Umm, what just happened?" I ask.

"I froze it," responds the demon. He rolls his eyes. It's not even actual holy water."

I grit my teeth. "Curse you, demon."

He grins up at me, his smile wolfish. "Already cursed."

I glare at him. "Shouldn't you be back in hell? The book said you're supposed to go back once the game ends."

He shrugs, crossing his arms loosely and leaning against the counter. "Hell's boring."

"What do you want from me then?"

His eyes glitter. "You."

I hate the way my skin shivers when he says that. Scowling, I snap, "How old are you anyways? Hundred and ten?"

He opens his arms. "Do I look like I'm a hundred?" My eyes skim over his body. Wearing a simple shirt and pants with his dark hair and eyes, he almost seems human. I blush when I catch his gaze. "I'm sixteen," he says softly.

"I'm fifteen."

"Do you want to come back down? I'm not going to hurt you."

Untrusting of his intentions, I crouch and hop down without touching his outstretched hands.

"Won't you ask for my name, Sana?" he calls.

"No." Grabbing my phone, I see a new message pop up from an unknown number.

It's Dylan.

Scowling and ignoring his smirk, I add him to my contacts as Annoying Demon before texting my best friend, Laura.

Get over here. Now. Emergency.

Be there in 2. What's going on?

A demon with freezing powers is in love with me.