Prologue: Welcome to Hope's Peak Academy

Warnings(for this chapter): Blood, violence, sexual language

————————————

???
'It's still hard to believe that I'm a student of Hope's Peak Academy...'

'It's like some sort of dream...'

'Sorry. That's rude, isn't it?'

'I should introduce myself first, of course!'

'My name is Mahiru Koizumi, and I'm the Ultimate Photographer.'

Mahiru Koizumi, Ultimate Photographer

'You see, the academy only accepts students that are the best at what they do.'

'And... I'm apparently the best photographer in the nation. Crazy, right?'

'But that doesn't matter right now... I have to hurry if I don't want to be late!'

*Hallway*

'This place is so impressive! What's with the metal plates on the walls though?'

'Eh... whatever.'

'Hmm... I have to go straight to the Gym, I think.'

I run as fast as I can. 

*Gym*

I look inside the large gym. Inside, there's sixteen other students already. 

'Oh no, am I late?'

???
"That's seventeen. Perfect. Let's start introductions, shall we? And just to make sure, we are all Ultimates, correct?"

???
"Well... not quite."

Mahiru
"What? But only Ultimates can go to Hope's Peak...?"

???
"Until the Reserve Course transfer program, that is. My name is Hajime Hinata. I'm the Ultimate Reserve Course Student."

Hajime Hinata, Ultimate Reserve Course Student

???
"Ooh, are we introducing ourselves to... Tomato Girl? Hi hi! I'm I-buki-mio-da! Put it together and what do you get? Ibuki Mioda, Ultimate Musician!"

Ibuki Mioda, Ultimate Musician

Mahiru
"Tomato Girl?! Well, I suppose I should introduce myself then, so you won't call me that anymore. I'm Mahiru Koizumi, the Ultimate Photographer. It's nice to meet you."

???
"Hi Mahiru! I'm Tenko Chabishira, the Ultimate Aikido Master! HIYA! I'm yelling to train my spirit! You should try!"

Tenko Chabishira, Ultimate Aikido Master

Mahiru
"I think I'll pass... thank you anyway."

Ibuki
"Aikido? What's that?"

Mahiru
Soon, they drifted off into conversation. My gaze turned to a plain looking boy next to me.

"Are you another Reserve Course student? You do seem rather plain..."

???
"That's fair... but no. Although my talent admittedly isn't impressive either... I'm Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate Lucky Student. Well, one of them, anyway."

Makoto Naegi, Ultimate Lucky Student

???
"I'm the other one, and my name is Nagito Komaeda. Although calling me an Ultimate is a bit of a stretch..."