Chapter 5: ◍ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚊 ◍ (1/1)

Note: I am now going to try to only write one chapter for each dorm so I can write more about other settings :)

My legs felt like Jello, the weight of my own body beginning to be too heavy to carry. I stood in the middle of Azul's room, two figures lurking to both sides of me, a negotiator who never leaves much of a choice to his customer in front of me, smirking as if he had finally captured his prey. I gulped, the nerves in my body shaking like crazy, my stomach becoming more acidic by the minute.

"Y/N, I have a proposition for you, one I think you would be quite interested in," his cunning smile shined under the artificial lighting. "In other words... I have a deal for you," he snickered. The figures by my sides followed and began to laugh as well.

I'm stuck in a room with crazy people.

I rose my gaze from the panels on the floor to the lavender-colored hair boy. "I don't want to make a deal with you," I said, irritation growing in my voice. The boys beside me just snickered, sharp teeth glowing from the lamp on Azul's desk.

"You don't have much of a choice here," one of them laughed, mocking my statement.

"He's right. We are at the advantage," the other said.

I felt sick. I tried to breathe deeply, preventing nausea that swarmed my senses from getting too intense. I didn't know what was happening. A minute ago I was being welcomed so kindly, now I was locked in a room to create a deal with someone whom I just met. Their comments did not help my anxiety, they only helped fuel the fire.

I felt like a helpless rabbit. One of which was exploring a new environment it had never seen before. The hunters waited their turn, letting time pass until the moment was perfect. For the right moment to attack. Now the little rabbit was stuck in a cage, desperate for a way out.

"Don't worry, it won't affect you negatively," Azul reassured as he waved his hand. Immediately, the figures beside me grabbed my arms rather firmly and walked me to a chair that sat in front of the littered desk. I was plopped onto the wooden chair, the deep purple cushion making a comfortable impact.

"Crowley recommended this idea," he said as he pushed up his glasses, glancing over at me before rummaging through one of the many filing cabinets that filled the room.

I looked at him for the first time with interest. If Crowley suggested it, it must be good, right?

"Ah, found it." Azul placed a folder that held two sheets of paper. He opened it and removed its contents. I leaned closer to see what the pages were. One was completely blank, the edges slightly torn, and the other one had printed sentences, words filling only about half of the paper. I read the text that sat at the top of the paper: Y/N's Information.

A shiver ran down my back knowing that someone already had information about me. Although, I calmed down when I remembered that there was only about half a page of information.

Azul picked the blank sheet up, grabbed a calligraphy pen, and dipped it in black ink. He pressed the pen to the paper and began writing. Once the ink met the paper, it began to change into a golden hue, much like honey in a glass jar. The paper began to glow, producing new light in the dark room.

"Y/N, I will read you the terms and conditions of our deal. Remember, I'm not the one who thought of this idea, so if you have any complaints, don't bring them to me," Azul said as he met my gaze once again. I nodded, reassuring him that I was listening to him.

Azul adjusted his glasses, cleared his throat, and began reading the paper, "Ahem, 'Y/N will be working for the Mostro Lounge for 2-3 days each week she attends Night Raven College (NRC). She will be excused from her lessons so she can create a profit during her stay at NRC. Her employer, Azul Ashengrotto, will pay accordingly based on the number of hours and effort Y/N puts in. The employer may position her to whatever they see fit, for example, a cook, dishwasher, server, cashier, etc.' So, do you have any issues with this deal?"