𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵

The glittering lights poured from the castle windows. Classical music and chatter both fill the large ballroom. At a slow pace, it fades as one walks down the wide and well decorated halls. People were flooding in and out of the ballroom, switching between itself and the large garden sector. This moment is peaceful, all is well, until the moment suddenly gets interrupted by the argumentative squawking that could be heard from a far room. One nearing the end of the long corridor.

"This isn't what I wanted." Craig declared brusquely, warning his Father with his tone. "This is what you wanted," He spoke, trying to get his point across. His Father gazed down at him, with the identical stare. The one Craig was giving him since the beginning of their argument. "Don't look at me like that, you knew this would happen eventually" Craig knew exactly what his Father meant, he knew he was right. He just didn't know the time would arrive so quickly. More briskly than he wanted or prepared to. He didn't fancy any of it.

"Every young man your age will be married soon. Craig, this will be what's best for you and the family. I hope that you'll be able to understand this eventually." Craig rolled his eyes at his Father, becoming increasingly annoyed at the whole situation. "Fine," Craig stated sternly, ready to end this conversation that would be seen as an argument. "May I be excused now?" He asked, already walking out the doors without a care for what his father was going to reply with.

Craig would never state he had the worst life. Nor could find himself thinking it was the greatest. Craig's parents were stern, and that's what they believed was the best for both him and his sister. The children were a stubborn duo, and had been since the day could be remembered. Which led their parents to believe being assertive was the only way they could get through to them. His Parents had provided him and his Sister everything they needed their entire lives. Expected to do as was asked of them, and that was it. No questions asked, yet if they were to be curious it wasn't something taken lightly. No punishment needed, just a friendly reminder of everything Craig's Mother and Father do for them. To remind them they owe their very lives completely, as if chained onto the walls of the castle itself. "Be grateful you aren't like those villagers, having to make their own meals from the dirt" which were words often repeated.

Craig made his way down the prolonged hallway after closing the door behind him. He entered the crowded ballroom, it was just as he expected. The room is flooded with people dancing in the centre of the room. Meanwhile others grab a drink from the servants as they talk with one another. Everyone was dressed very elegantly, which was expected of them, as well as holding proper posture. Especially at such a very special venue.

As Craig walked through the crowded room, he noticed two blondes. They were standing next to one another, speaking quietly and looking out into the ballroom. Noticing the body of people that swallowed them. Neither of them wanted to attend this ball, unfortunately both were forced by their parents. Parents who wouldn't take no as an answer, who reasoned it was for love and a side of money.

Craig found himself walking towards the two blondes, becoming more interested in them the longer he stared at the two. He noticed that the taller blonde would 'twitch' every so often. The movements seem unintentional, as if the blonde has no control over his own body. He hardly noticed anything about the girl standing next to the taller male. He didn't care to notice any imperfections, or non perfections.

He hadn't cared for her, though at first glance it was clear that she was fairly attractive. Craig did notice one thing, the taller bonde was attractive, handsome even. He had always found men attractive, never having much interest in women. He had never considered falling in love yet alone marrying one. He was told that he was to be married soon. 'For the better' his Father had advised him numerous times before. It didn't feel sincere, it didn't feel real that this was all genuinely happening.

 Now all the things his Father said mattered, they had for a while. Craig just chose to ignore it and shut out his Father's words. His train of thought went back to the blonde male, standing in front of both of the nameless blondes. "Good evening." The two blondes looked up at the male standing before them, staring with a lack of certainty. "Good evening?" They said in unison. "I couldn't help but notice you from across the room." The shorter blonde giggles to herself.

"Oh, I'm not interested, my apologies, I'm sure you're lovely." Craig looked at the shorter blonde, puzzled. "No, my apologies," He spoke calmly in his best attempts to not come off as rude. "I must not have made myself very clear. I wasn't referring to you, though you are lovely, I meant him." The two blondes stood in shock as the raven haired man spoke so blatantly, both of them blushing lightly from embarrassment, of two different kinds. The shorter blonde was blushing from the embarrassment of her assumption, while the taller one blushed from the compliment.

The confused blonde spoke. "Quite the inappropriate thing to say to another man isn't it?" He paused for a moment before speaking again. "Craig? I'm assuming that's your name? There are plenty of young women around for you to choose from." Craig looks at the man with an interested look. "Well the difference between them and you, is you're truly handsome." The boy looked up at the taller male with a slight tint of red on his face.

    The both of them almost forget about the girl standing next to them. "We could get in a lot of trouble for this stunt you're trying to pull with a man you don't know the name of." Craig looked at the shorter blonde then the taller one. "You arrived at this ball to find someone to marry, did you not?" Craig was toying with them, aware they probably didn't want to be here either. "A rather hilarious one, aren't you?" she hesitated to trust this questionable prince. Thinking she might never do so, not now nor in the future.

   "Thank you, for noticing. Although you should focus on someone who genuinely fancies you. Yet, that will be quite difficult due to awful manners." Craig replied, finding it almost impossible to keep his words to himself. Especially when this not so dazzling blonde was taunting him. " Well your manners aren't that lovely either are they? You genuinely cannot handle the simplest of things. Now I understand why your lovely parents would throw you this ball. You clearly need a woman or a man to take care of you." The shorter blonde was ready to slap the raven haired prince. 

"I can't imagine the manners you were taught to speak to your host in such a way." Craig spoke, pushing the blonde girl just a bit further. "Well you aren't a very good host are you?" Craig began to think about how ridiculous this all was, arguing with someone he didn't know, let alone a female. The blonde prince spoke up coming in between the two before they furthered into their heated argument. "Stop this ridiculousness. You both are acting childish, especially you Bebe."

The raven haired prince now knew the name of the woman he was so childishly arguing with, Bebe. The still nameless blonde continued to speak. "My apologies for her actions, I don't know what's gotten into her." He proceeded to try pushing the girl behind him. Not giving her enough time to form a response. The taller blonde spoke again, grabbing the attention of both.

"How about we go somewhere else, somewhere more quiet. It would be terrible if people saw a prince like you arguing with a woman. And if they knew what started all of this-" Craig interrupted the blonde, understanding what he meant, not trying to draw any more attention to themselves. "Well, I perhaps know a rather quiet place where we could go." He paused briefly before speaking once again. "Care to join me, sir?

_________________________

End of chapter 1
Word count: 1408 
Started writing (Chapter): June 30th 2023
Finished writing (chapter): July 17th 2023

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to stay hydrated and eat some food! -Craig and Vee (@craigs_bigballz and @XxTheVeexX on Twitter)