1. Heart Beating Faster

Author's Note: 

A work of fiction. Unedited, 1,149 words.

Hello! I'm Lia, and I'm a new fan of Ahn Hyo Seop. I liked him because of Dr. Romantic Season 2 and I just finished watching Business Proposal last week. 

I'm someone who usually express my feelings and mind by writing stories, and I couldn't help to try writing this story about Hyojeong couple. 

As I am a very new fan, please forgive me if there are some discrepancies with their real personality. I did my best, though, so I hope this is at least an enjoyable read. 

******************************************************

Ahn Hyo Seop had no intention to fall for anyone. He seriously wanted to build his acting career until he's recognized as one of the best actors in South Korea, or until people in Canada knew his name. Or both.

So far, he had been casted with few of the most beautiful actresses in South Korea, and hadn't swerved from his goal. He became friends with them, was happy to know them, to share stories and experiences as friends in the same industry, yet none of them had moved his heart to the point where he wanted to be more than friends.

He'd happily support them, congratulate them on their new projects, or he'd send food truck for them, or wished them happy birthday. However, he was glad that he stayed laser-focused in building and expanding his acting career.

A few years back, when he just started his acting career, he sat down and wrote in his journal: his goals in 5 years, 10 years, 20 and even 30 years ahead. After his failed attempt at being a singer, his heart beat passionately when he first tried acting, and he was dead set in pursuing it his whole life.

No one and nothing could distract him.

Until Kim Sejeong came along.

**************************************************************

After being in very serious roles for a few years, he felt mentally exhausted, but he didn't think he'd be able to live without acting for too long. What would he do? Go back to Canada and stay with his family? That's a good idea, yet it wouldn't make him happy if it's more than a month. He's used to always working. He'd feel lost without it.

The offer for Business Proposal came at the right time. It's a romantic comedy. It shouldn't mentally exhaust him, right? He was a little worried that he wasn't cut out for the genre, yet he'd try his best and learn along the way.

The story was solid and wouldn't drag, he thought, since it was only 12 episodes. The script was really fun. It's like a light novel, refreshing and entertaining.

The script reading was held in summer 2021. As an introvert through and through, he was nervous yet excited to attend it. It was surprisingly much better than he expected. He wasn't sure what made him nervous.

Was it just the new set of people and environment, or the genre that made him apprehensive? Yet he was determined to do well, and everyone seemed to have the same idea.

Everyone read the script well, as expected. Kim Sejeong was nice, and read her lines professionally. All the other cast appeared to be nice as well. He felt good vibes in the event, and felt that things would go well.

Despite lots of planning, many of the cast members and main crew got covid-19 one after the other. So, to make sure of everyone's health, the filming didn't really start until winter 2021.

He and Sejeong were of course determined to be friends. The first few days of filming went smoothly. She's well prepared, and had a cheerful personality. Business Proposal was a drama with a very fast pace, and their first few scenes were about blind dates.