2. Lean on Me

Author's Note: 

Chapter 2 is here! Unedited, 2,300 words. 

A product of my imagination. 

**********************************************************

He was so sure he's a sensible person. He knew his dreams, yet he was also firmly aware of his limits. That's why, when it was certain that he hit a wall in his music career, he chose to pursue acting instead. He moved from Canada to South Korea to find his own path when he was only seventeen. And although his choice of career changed, he hadn't given up the main goal.

When he's filming, he went to the set sternly to work. He would arrive with his line all memorized, having slept enough, ate healthy, hydrated himself and was keen to give his best shot, all the time, all these years, no matter what. Of course he socialized, as much as his introverted self allowed. Still the underline was to evolve into another character, be the role he chose to, and delivered.

Everything was harmonious, organized and dignified. Until Kim Sejeong came along.

He was stupidly smitten, and it was like a tsunami constantly rolled inside him, swaying him to the point that he laughed too much, exactly like an idiot.

Sometimes he wasn't sure anymore, when was he Kang Tae Moo and when was he Ahn Hyo Seop? The lines had blurred so much, making him a bit scared that he was losing his sanity.

He was sure Sejeong knew he's falling. He also knew she's okay with it, and even encouraged him to see his real intentions. If everything went well, the next phase was obvious, right?

He had grown so used to having her by his side in such a short span of time. Listening to her randomly singing a lot of songs, witnessing her "I like it, I like it," when he's sure she actually didn't but just wanted everything to go well, and he had enjoyed their onscreen kisses so much he kept suggesting to her and the PD that Kang Tae Moo and Shin Hari should have more such scenes.

He knew he's being shameless, and sometimes even borderline pathetic, but he realized he just didn't give a damn. It's been ages since he fell for anyone, and it had never been this consuming before.

Once, as they finished their lunch and prepared a scene with Shin Hamin, their scripts in their hands, Sejeong said, "I think if Hari had an Oppa and not a Dongsaeng, she wouldn't have a crush on Min Woo for seven years. Hamin is too childish, and couldn't really support Hari emotionally."

After being silent for a few seconds, he asked, "Is your Oppa a good brother?"

"He is," she nodded. "He did all he could to make my life better."

"Hm? Was it difficult?"

She instantly laughed, that cheerful laugh designed to drop a topic. "Well, here in there, hahah. No life is a rainbow, right?"

".............Let me be a good Oppa for you."

Sejeong turned to him, peering at him as if she wasn't sure she heard right.

"If it's a bad time, I'll make it good. If it's a good time, I'll make it better. What do you say?"

And something that chilled him to the bone happened. Her smile faded, leaving a smooth expression, a mask that betrayed nothing. Something in her eyes flashed with......he didn't recognize what that was. Some kind of coldness? As if he said something horribly wrong.

"My.....lipstick. I think this is too red. It doesn't fit the scene. I'm going to cordi unnie and ask her to make it lighter."

He didn't have time to comment, since she just–hurried away.