¹ RANDOM USER

Karin rolled back and forth to her mattress, feeling her boredom engulfing her entire body

Karin rolled back and forth to her mattress, feeling her boredom engulfing her entire body. "I'm so bored!" She exclaimed to herself, still rolling back and forth, until she remembered something. A friend from her school told her about an app that was booming throughout their school and she should check it out.

Being busy with her academics and curriculum, she never managed to check it, but Karin is thinking that this is the perfect opportunity to see the hype of the app. She opened her iPhone 4 which was gifted to her as a promise to continue being an academic achiever by her father. They weren't really rich, so she's very happy with the gift and promises to take very good care of it.

Opening her app store, she downloaded the app. While waiting for it, she listened to one of her favorite albums of all time, Favourite Worst Nightmare, created by the band Arctic Monkeys. Murmuring along the lines of the music, the download finally finished.

After opening it, Karin needs to sign up first before using the app. After doing so, she stared at the application design. The app is decent, the buttons look fine, and it also looks minimalistic, so that's good. Scrolling through her newsfeed, there were just a bunch of popular photos from celebrities and videos as well.

Clicking the search button, she typed some of her friends' names, requesting them as a friend. She dropped her phone and lay more comfortably on her mattress, staring at the ceiling while her arms are stretched freely on both sides. "Oh, I have to wait for them to accept. Maybe I should do something to cure my boredom," she murmured to herself, still staring at the plain ceiling.

Laying on her left side where her phone is, she picked it up and a visual lightbulb appeared on top of her head, indicating that an idea popped up into her head. What if I message a random number? She thought to herself, visualizing the pros and cons of messaging a random number, but honestly, it won't be that bad, right?

Scrolling through her recommendations looking for the perfect person to meet her requirements 'someone serious and easy to be with', a particular account caught her attention. Kyoya Ootori. This person's last name sounds familiar. Karin clicked the anonymous' profile.

His profile was set to default, meaning the person didn't have any profile picture at all. She scrolled through his feed, searching for the user's face. Most of his feeds are filled with tags of memes that are probably from his friends while the others were also tags from his father and mother.

She clicked on a specific photo, looking for the user, but in the photo, there were three men. All of them have black hair, but only one has eyeglasses, and he seems more attractive than the others. Then finally, one specific tag from the user's mother, a photo where only one boy is standing in front of the camera, which means that the user is that person.

And Karin was surprised that he was the one with the eyeglasses. Rethinking about her decision of messaging this random user, she removed all of her thoughts of her, refusing or saying to turn back. Nothing will happen, right?

Clicking the message button, she started with a simple hi message.

Karin Fujiwara
Hi :))
delivered.

There wasn't a reply for a moment until minutes later, she checked the conversation again and saw that he had seen her message.

Karin Fujiwara
Hi :))
seen at 12:43 p.m.

Hello, are u there ???
seen at 12:44 p.m.

Helloooo???
seen at 12:44 p.m.

Kyoya Ootori
Do you need something?

Karin Fujiwara
You finally replied !!
How are u ??

Kyoya Ootori
I am still not seeing a reply to my question.

Karin Fujiwara
You're so serious omfg
Anyways, I don't need anything from u, I'm just really bored :PP

Kyoya Ootori
If you don't need anything, stop messaging me. You're bothering me. Don't use me as a medicine to cure your boredom, Miss Fujiwara.

Karin Fujiwara
Aww :(((
Anyways, how are u ??!!!

Kyoya stared at the screen of his phone, feeling his annoyance growing because of this random user that is messaging him non-stop and also because of the annoying and loud idiots that are fighting in the background.

He pushed his glasses up to his nose bridge, staring emotionlessly at the screen of his phone. Kyoya ignored the messages of the girl and clicked her profile, wondering about the appearance of the girl. Well, Kyoya never heard of the surname Fujiwara, so it's safe to assume that she's a commoner.

Looking at her friend list, she only has currently five friends. He clicked them one by one and all of them were a bunch of commoners whose feed is filled with nonsensical kinds of stuff.

Kyoya Ootori
I have no business with a commoner like you. Farewell.

Karin Fujiwara
Eh??
Commoner? What-?
Don't leave me hanging :(
sent at 12:50 p.m.

Karin clicked her tongue, feeling her boredom come back to her senses, but she felt more curious about this boy who called her a commoner. I mean, she isn't from an aristocratic family, but her parents love her, so she thinks that is rich enough for her.

"What a shame," she told herself before closing her eyes, greeting the pure darkness, and losing consciousness.

"What a shame," she told herself before closing her eyes, greeting the pure darkness, and losing  consciousness

RELEASED: July 20, 2023
EDITED: N/A

This chapter wasn't proofread, btw! Short chapters only 'cause I have a lot of to take care of ^^