Tinderden

Frisk Papyrus and Sans were all sitting on the couch watching MTT reruns, when sans remarked: "y'know, barrier or not, it's good to have you around, kid"
"WHY YES!" Papyrus said, giving his two cents "THE MORE FRIENDS, THE MERRIER!"
Suddenly, the TV turned off.
"SANS DID YOU SIT ON THE REMOTE AGAIN?"
"no, paps, I've got it, but the 'on' button isn't working"
The human piped up: "*You seem to feel the atmosphere getting... hotter...?"
BOOM
An explosion in the distance rocked the foundation of the house.
"WHAT IS-"
KA-KRAK!
A bolt of white-hot lightning busted the far wall open, revealing a burning Snowdin.
The human immediately took charge with a gameplan: "*You will evacuate the town into Waterfall, while Papyrus helps the stragglers and Sans investigates the cause. If anything happens, use your emergency cellphones"
Papyrus was a smidge skeptical about Sans' ability to investigate without falling asleep, but he supposed that the inferno combined with his coat would be too uncomfortable.
"ON IT!"
"on it"
"*You feel that there's no need to say 'on it', but, rule of threes and all."

Papyrus was dashing down the burning town's street, when he found a lone monster, still not evacuating.
"YOU THERE, WHY ARE YOU NOT EVACUATING?"
"I was. But then the evacuees ditched me."
Papyrus winced as he heard that nasally voice and saw the monster turn around to reveal their face.
"OH. IT'S YOU, JERRY."
Papyrus was known for being kind.
Papyrus tried to be kind to every monster he came across, but with Jerry, kindness was... difficult.
Papyrus reluctantly held Jerry under his arm and began sprinting for waterfall as fast as possible, both for Jerry's sake and for his own.
"You call this a crisis? Jeez. You should check out crisis on infinite earths-"
"AGAIN, JERRY, I CANNOT CHECK IT OUT BECAUSE YOU KEEP FORGETTING TO RETURN IT TO THE LIBRARY."
There was an awkward pause.
"...you call this a fire? My grandma's fireplace had more-"
"THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG LONG DAY."

Frisk stepped up to the door of a not-yet-evacuated house, and knocked.
Knock-knock!
"Oh my! What a wonderful knock! Perhaps, if I don't answer, I might hear it again!"
Knock-knock!
"Yes! That one was almost better than the first!"
Frisk thought for a second, and then had an idea.
Knock-knock-knock!
"A... third knock. A bit... bloated... but I have faith."
Knock-knock-knock!
"A FOURTH!? BUT THE THIRD KNOCK WAS A PERFECT CONCLUSION TO THE SERIES IN THE FORM OF A DENIAL OF FORMULA, WHICH NOW HAS BECOME THE FORMULA?!? HOW ASSININE! HOW RUINOUS! I AM OPENING THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!"
Frisk watched as the monster opened the door, looking like a tall spoon.
"What is it?!?" The spoon creature demanded.
"*You're here to inform them that they need to evacuate to waterfall"
"...oh."

Sans wandered throughout the town, before hearing a prideful anthem playing from tinny speakers, coming from the center of town.
Sans mosied up to the source of the sound, and saw several strange pink... things.
They were on a video call with an unusual looking human child, that appeared to be pushing them around.
"You call THESE monsters?!? They're hardly even beasties!
Make them stronger, scarier, and tastier!
I'm already bored of them!"
The child screeched.
To Sans' surprise, the pink things nodded as if they had just been given the most reasonable task in the world.
The pink beings opened a steel box and released what seemed to be sentient, flying sparks.
Sans discreetly snatched one up with his telekinesis, and was appalled.
The "spark" was in fact an insect, burning away it's own body in order to keep the fire burning.
Sans teleported away just as the pink creatures turned to look at him.
Snowdin's residents would be safe and sound... as long as he kept an eye on those pink things.