part 1

the sun cast a warm glow through the curtains of the cozy apartment where you and your boyfriend jake, and his best friend, heeseung found themselves spending a lazy saturday afternoon together. the atmosphere was relaxed and filled with the familiar sounds of laughter and easy conversation.

the living room was adorned with comfortable furniture and decorated with trinkets that showcased the shared memories of the trio's adventures. the couch was strewn with colourful cushions, a soft throw blanket draped over its arm, inviting anyone who passed by to snuggle up. the coffee table adorned with a few empty cups and a board game they had played earlier, bore witness to the laughter that had echoed through the apartment.

you sat beside jake on your couch, your heart filled with so much affection for him. you cherished your deep connection and admired his unwavering support and understanding. your relationship was truly built on trust, love, and shared dreams. an you were grateful for every moment you spent together.

however, you couldn't help but feel a flutter of butterflies in your stomach whenever heeseung was around. his magnetic personality, quick wit and genuine kindness had captured your attention from the first time you met. heeseung was more than just jake's best friend; he had become a great friend to you as well, someone who you could confide in and rely on.

as your trio lounged in the living room, you engaged in light banter, reminiscing about your college days and sharing stories of your recent lives. you found yourself stealing glances at heeseung, his infectious laughter resonating in your ears, and his warm smile lighting up the room. you admired his intelligence, passion for music and his ability to make everyone around him at ease.

jake, oblivious to your internal struggle, leaned back on the couch, one arm casually draped over your shoulder. he shared playful conversation with heeseung, their bond as best friends evident in their easy camaraderie. jake's presence brought comfort and familiarity to you, and you cherished the way he made you feel safe and loved.

as the afternoon stretched on, your emotions became entangled internally. you yearned for the freedom to express your true feelings but you also felt an overwhelming sense of loyalty and commitment to jake. you grappled with the fear of disrupting the harmony of their friendship and the potential repercussions on your relationship.

your heart ached as you imagined the possibility of jeopardizing the beautiful connection you had with jake. you reminded yourself of the love you had built together, the countless moments of happiness you had experienced and the future you had envisioned. but deep down, you knew you were attracted to heeseung and you had to navigate these emotions delicately.

but, unbeknownst to you, jake had noticed the stolen glances and the subtle change in your demeanor whenever heeseung came over.

when heeseung left that night, jake, his playful nature ever present, couldn't resist the urge to confront you about it. with a mischievous grin tugging at the corners of his lips, he turns to you, your eyes meeting.

"y/n, is there anything that you wanna share that's going on in the beautiful mind of yours?" jake asked you, his hand coming up to brush fallen hair out of your face. "anything about heeseung in particular?"

you could feel your cheeks flush slightly, caught off guard by jake's perceptiveness. you felt a mixture of panic and relief, unsure of how to respond. your eyes darted towards your lap, not being able to look at jake anymore. "jake- no, nothing. you know we're just friends."

jake's smile breaks out into a laugh as he listens to your reply. his eyes twinkle with amusement at your shy demeanor. "c'mon y/n, we've been together long enough for me to see how you act around someone you like. i can tell there's something more there. and it's perfectly okay. just be honest with me."

your eyes widened in surprise, your heart pounding in your chest. you searched jake's face for any evidence of anger or jealous, but found nothing but warmth and understanding.

you gulp, "you mean, you're not upset?"

"no, not at all. i know you still love me, and you've developed feelings for heeseung as well. i trust you completely." jake's warm smile matches the rest of him. "besides, it's not like i haven't noticed the way hee looks at you, too."

you feel your breath catch in your throat, eyes widening with a mix of surprise and relief. the weight of all your unspoken anxieties began to life, replaced with a newfound sense of openness and honesty.

"you've noticed?" you ask your boyfriend curiously.

jake nods, "of course. i may be your boyfriend but i'm not blind!"

you laugh at him, "so you're really okay with it?"

with a shrug jake nods again, "yeah, but how're we going to tell, heeseung?"