NINETEEN

"What the fuck are you doing here?" 

Katsuki's breath hitched in his throat as his brows furrowed in confusion. As he tried to speak up again, he was cut off by the loud noise of the door closing, followed by Midoriya's footsteps approaching him. He gritted his teeth as the greenette's hands gripped his collar, giving it a good pull. The blond winced as a sharp pain shot through his neck, suddenly finding himself a few inches away from the freckled man's face. 

"Where are the others?" Izuku spat. Bakugou panicked, unsure how to react to the greenette's new side. Had he changed that much in the past year? Why was he acting this way?

"They're not here!" The blond choked, trying to free himself of the smaller man's hold. 

"Why're you here?" The greenette yelled, fixing into crimson eyes. Bakugou paused, taking second to stare at the other's partially covered eyes. Up close like this, Katsuki couldn't hold back his emotions. Midoriya was really here, alive and well. He had actually managed to find him. 

"For you, nerd." He chuckled, watching Izuku's angry expression fade into one of confusion. "I came back to you. I had to come and check in." He continued, feeling the other's hands loosen their grip on his shirt. Katsuki smiled as he brushed away some hair from the twenty-year-old's face. "How've you been, Izu?" He asked, watching tears well in emerald eyes. He kept a smile as he spoke once again: "You let your hair grow, I like it like this."

A silence roamed as Midoriya looked down, timidly stepping closer and pressing himself against the blond's chest. Katsuki didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around the other, holding him tight as he listened to his sobs. 

"What're you crying for, dumbass?" He scoffed, feeling his eyes burn himself. He forced a smile as tears pricked at the corner of his eyes, streaming down his cheeks as he looked down to green curls. 

"I've been so lonely." The greenette coughed, unable to hide his sobs as he spoke. "Why're you here?" He whined, knowing the answer. He pulled away to meet crimson eyes, forcing a giggle as he cupped Bakugou's face in his scarred hands. "I missed you." He chuckled. Bakugou smiled, running his hands down to the curly-haired man's waist. 

"I missed you so much." He scoffed, leaning down. He quickly pressed his lips against Izuku's, bringing a hand up to brush a thumb over a freckled cheek. He hid a smile as his fingers ran over the other's facial scar, pulling away with a sigh. "What were you doing outside alone without the doors locked?" He chuckled, his brows furrowing as he watched Izuku's eyes focus on his lips. 

"I went to piss. Kiss me again." The other quickly muttered, running his hands through blond locks as he pulled Bakugou in once more. The blond laughed lowly as he leaned in for the second time, engaging in another kiss. The kiss he had been craving ever since he had realized his feelings for Izuku, over a year ago. 

"Come with me." The blond muttered, pulling away. "Come back to Korea with me." 

"What?" 

Bakugou pulled away a little, staring at the greenette's confused expression. "What do you mean, what? Come back to Korea with me. The others really miss you, and come on - let's face it - you can't survive on your own like this for very long." The older man explained, letting go of Midoriya's waist. He watched as Izuku backed up, shaking his head. 

"I can't, Kacchan. You know that. Do you seriously think Korea's government is going to let me in? I'm just like all the radios on this damn island. Might as well invite the rest of the gang, right?" The greenette waved his hands around as he spoke. "That's why I stood back the first time. I can't leave this damn country." He explained. 

"Hey, just shut the fuck up about it! Don't tell anyone." Bakugou shrugged, stepping closer again. "I want to get going before sunset, I told the others I'd only be gone for about a week. It's already been nearly six days. Come back, please, Izuku. Nobody has to know about your power shit, we won't tell anybody about it." 

"But it'll take forever to get me documented, become and official Korean citizen and shit... I don't wanna go through that!" The greenette forced a scoff, along with a smile. Katsuki's brows furrowed. He wasn't buying it, whatever Izuku was selling. Something was off. 

"It doesn't take that much time. Me and the others, we were documented within a week. The government gets paid more since we're from the Japanese apocalypse, so they make sure to hurry the fuck up when it comes to making us their own." He shrugged, seeing the shorter man shift. 

"Yeah... Well... I haven't helped everyone here, yet. There's still people out there that need some help." He explained, pointing to the doors. Bakugou thought for a moment, nodding. 

"I don't think that much people are left here. I came from Matsue. I didn't run into a single person. I didn't even run into a radio! That's some great ass luck. I think I'll try for the lottery once I get back in Japan." He chuckled, seeing his friend's smile fade. 

"Kacchan... The point is, I can't leave. I have to stay here. It feels wrong to go." The greenette shook his head. "I'm staying here. It's sweet that you came all this way on your own, just for me. I appreciate it. Being alone here for so long gets kind of boring. But you can't be here, it's far too dangerous." He forced a giggle, keeping his distance from the blond. "I'm sorry, Kacchan. I just can't." He ended with a shrug. 

A silence roamed as Bakugou took a second to compose himself. He hadn't just made his way across the ocean on a small boat, all alone, not knowing if he'd die along the way just to find out Izuku wasn't interested in moving to Korea. He hadn't spent close to a week traveling through Japan to find him, dehydrated and tired just to know he didn't want to leave. He was bringing Izuku back, and nothing could change his mind. 

"Izuku. Please." The tall man muttered, stepping closer to take Izuku's hands in his. "Just come with me. I promise everything's going to be fine. I can't live another year without you. I want to spend my life with you in it. So please... Come with me." He whispered, pressing his forehead against Midoriya's. A short silence roamed as Izuku thought for a moment. 

"It's hard for me to make a choice like this, in such short time. I don't want to leave them behind, either." The greenette spoke, pointing to his left. Bakugou glanced over, immediately noticing something he hadn't noticed when he first walked in. Three mounds of dirt, with stones resting every end of them. He could clearly read the name Blue on one of the rocks, but didn't know the other two people. He figured it was Izuku's parents. "I spent a whole month finding my dad's body, gathering his remains and bringing them here so he could rest with my mom and Blue. I figured they'd be more at peace if they were near me. And maybe I wouldn't feel so lonely." He explained. "I don't want to leave them behind. They're my only family." 

Katsuki glanced over to teary emeralds, running his hand over a damp freckled cheek. "I'm sure your folks wouldn't want you to stay where it's dangerous. Besides, everyone is waiting for you back in Korea. They're alive, and they're somewhat your family. Wait until you see Katsuma, and Buck. And all the others. They're all hoping to see you again." The blond chuckled, hoping to get a yes from his friend before sundown. "Come on." He continued, tugging on the greenette's hands. 

"Kacchan..." The twenty-year-old's voice quivered. Bakugou stood silent as he watched tears roll down freckled cheeks. "I'm so happy you came back to see me. And I want to see the others too, so badly." 

Emeralds met crimsons and Katsuki felt his throat threaten to collapse as he feared Izuku's final response. 

"I'm sorry." 

"But I just... Can't."