Chapter 9

March 23, 1986

I wake up to Eddie jumping up and out of the boat. We had decided it was the best place to sleep as we'd be hidden. He has the same broken bottle in his hand from last night as he walks over to the window. I slowly get out of the boat and walk towards Eddie. I hear him whisper under his breath. "What is it?" I ask. He is about to respond when the door busts open. Eddie stands in front of me with the bottle. I see that it's just Dustin, Steve, Max, and Robin. "Jesus," Eddie says, letting out a breath. Dustin holds up some bags of food and says, "delivery service."

Eddie is stuffing his face with Honeycomb cereal as Dustin explains, "so we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" "Bad news first, always," Eddie says with his mouth full. "Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with out Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you," Dustin tells us. "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy," he continues. "Like, 100% kind of convicted," Max adds. "And the good news?" Eddie asks. "Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you," Robin explains. "Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie says. "Exactly," Robin replies. "Shit." "So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin says. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asks sarcastically. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it," he replies. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before," Robin explains, "I mean, they have a...a few times and...and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we've got this." Steve jumps in, "we usually rely on this girl who has superpowers, but, uh, those went bye-bye, so..." "So we're technically in more of the..." "kinda..." "brainstorming phase," Max finishes. "Brainstorming," Steve says as he snaps and points to Max. "There...there's nothing to worry about," Dustin tells Eddie. Steve scoffs and nods his head. Eddie looks at them, dumbfounded and concerned.

We hear sirens in the distance, coming closer. "Shit," Steve whispers. "Tarp," Robin states, pointing to the tarp. Since me and Eddie are both in the boat, we both lay down and throw the tarp over us as the rest of the gang runs towards the window. The sirens get closer but then start getting further away again.

-

Dustin, Robin, Max, and Steve all headed out to check on what the police were investigating. Me and Eddie settled into the boathouse for the night. "Oh, what I'd give to have a bed right now," I tell Eddie. He chuckles, "you can go home if you want. I'm not going to make you stay here, you know." "Yeah, I'll be fine. I don't want to leave you here alone. Besides, we shouldn't be here too much longer," I say while wrapping my arms around Eddie.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the super short chapter, I'm wanting to write ep by ep/day by day and apparently this is all that happened in this episode sooo next one I'll be sure to have longer or multiple chapters to upload. Thanks for the continued support🫶 see you in two weeks!