Intro

The morning was slow and still. It was the weekend, which meant Bonnie was stuck with the morning shift. 6 am, and he hadn't gotten to sleep since 4. He felt blessed by the silence, which gave him an opportunity to doze off at the counter while he waited for a customer. It was strange for the cafe to be this dead this early, but it came just in time.
      The front doors soft chime ringed through his ears, jolting him out of his half conscious state to force himself to put on a smile. He had to look around the counter to see the door, as his Starbucks was a quaint counter located inside of the dollar general in downtown Greeley Colorado. Gliding through the metal detectors, he spotted a beautiful glowing silver man entering the store. He immediately caught his eye, being the most unique and beautiful troll he'd ever seen, and they don't usually have trolls in Greeley... Immediately, though, Bonnie realized karkat was wearing a backpack. He found himself stumbling over his words... Nervous to speak to someone so beautiful...
      "O-oh do you think you could leave your backpack at the door?"
     "BRUH what are you a FUCKING FURRY! what if I was fucking DIABETIC YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. WHAT IF MY INSULIN WAS IN THIS HUH?? ARE YOU CALLING ME A FUCKING THIEF? DO YOU I LOOK LIKE I'D STEAL FROM YOUR SHITTY SKIDMARK DOLLAR GENERAL???" Karkat could feel himself losing control of his words... But there was just something in the eyes of that barista that stood out to him... He was handsomeand tall and his purple hair and ears glistened in the yellow florescent lights. He intimidated Karkat, he couldn't let him in...
     Bonnie was taken aback, he didn't think that someone who looked so heavenly could be so mean.... Yet, at the same time the energy thrilled Bonnie and he could feel a shiver run down his spine, "there's just like... a lot of people who steal and we just have to make sure um... I'll get fired if I don't ask you..."
     Karkat huffed in frustration and slammed his backpack on the ground. He wanted to keep being an asshole, but the look in the Barista's eyes told him otherwise... He also respected the struggle of minimum wage workers, so he resigned his anger to go up the the counter and order.