#9 Up and Down

"Screw this!" Veronica shouted. "Why does everything have to be ruined?" She was asking herself.

"Calm down okay? I'm sure that he'll understand that it wasn't what he thinks it was," Caspian was pacing back and forth.

"I will go and find him, you stay here," Veronica commanded and left the stone table room. She quickly ran through the narrow corridors and made it out to where the Narnians were still preparing their weapons.

She searched the room with her eyes to see if Peter was anywhere near. He wasn't.

"Your majesty, if you are looking for the king he ran outside just a few minutes ago," A centaur told Veronica. "Thank you," Veronica answered and went outside.

The sudden change of air hit her face as soon as she appeared outside. "Peter?" She called out. She started running around looking for him. "Veronica! We've looked everywhere, he's not here," Lucy appeared out of nowhere behind her.

"Lucy! What do you mean he's not here?" Veronica asked, her heart pounding put pf her chest.

"I saw him run out, so Susan and I decided to see what was going on but he just disappeared!" Lucy explained.

"This is my fault!" Veronica grunted. "Me and Caspian, we were just talking and then we hugged and Peter walked in and thought that something was going on between us. But it wasn't. It wasn't!" Veronica's voice was shaky.

"He's gonna have to come back. He can't just leave his entire army here with any commands," Susan appeared. "I've just checked the how one more time," She added, explaining where she was.

"Im gonna wait here, till he comes back," Veronica said. "You two go inside, I'm sure you need some rest," she continued.

"We're staying with you," Lucy snapped. "He's our brother," Susan said.

So they all sat on a rocky edge of the how, looking into the distance.

"Why does he seem so different?" Veronica decides to ask.

"We don't know. He's been getting into fights lately, you know, back in London," Susan answered. Veronica straightened her back in shock at the new information.

"It's horrible. At least two fights a week!" Lucy added. "We always thought that it was because of you not being there and the fact that we didn't have a clue where you were and if you were okay. But even when he's here, with you, he seems rather bossy and angry all the time," Susan spoke.

"I thought I was going to fix it, you know, the fact that he doesn't believe in Aslan coming back. But he just snapped at me," Veronica explained. "I think I made it worse. And now it's even more bad considering he thinks there's something between me and Cas," Veronica was shaking her head.

"You and Cas?" Susan looked caught off guard.

"Don't worry, nothing is going on. I still love your brother to pieces," Veronica smiled remembering what Caspian told her earlier.

Veronica saw Lucy yawn and she immediately pat her back. "You two really can go to sleep. I will wait for him," Veronica said.

The girls nodded and slowly stood up and left. Veronica stayed sitting down, breathing in the summer air. Suddenly she saw a movement in the distance. She jumped to her feet and started running in the direction of the movement.

"Peter?"

She ran and ran and finally, she reached the spot. There was a tree standing and behind it, she saw a pair of feet. She walked around and saw Peter sitting down, resting his back against the tree.