Chapter 3: The first suit

Back inside the cave, Tony was forced to build a Jericho missile for the Ten Rings.

Yinsen: I'm sure they're looking for you, Stark. But they will never find you in these mountains. Look, what you just saw, that is your legacy, Stark. Your life's work, in the hands of those murderers. Is that how you want to go out? Is this the last act of defiance of the great Tony Stark? Or are you going to do something about it?

Tony: Why should I do anything? They're going to kill me, you, either way. And if they don't, I'll probably be dead in a week.

Yinsen: Well, then, this is a very important week for you, isn't it? Hmm?

Meanwhile, the terrorists are gathering material needed for the jericho. Tony unscrews the nose of the missile.

Tony: How many languages do you speak?

Yinsen: A lot. But apparently, not enough for this place. They speak Arabic Urdu, Dari, Pashto, Mongolian, Farsi, Russian.

Tony: Who are these people?

He removes the metal parts from inside the missile.

Yinsen: They are your loyal customers, sir. They call themselves the Ten Rings.

The terrorists watch them through the camera, as the two work on the missile.

Yinsen: You know, we might be more productive if you include me in the planning process.

Tony: Uh huh.

He removes the nose of the missile and takes out a material from inside the missile.

Tony: Okay, we don't need this.

He tosses it away.

Yinsen: What is that?

Tony holds an element with forceps.

Tony: That's palladium, 0.15 grams. We need at least 1.6, so why don't you go break down the other 11?

Yinsen carries a small pot of the palladium from the fire.

Tony: Careful. Careful, we only get one shot at this.

Yinsen: Relax. I have steady hands. Why do you think you're still alive? Huh?

He pours the element into a bowl.

Tony: What do I call you?

Yinsen: My name is Yinsen.

Tony: Yinsen. Nice to meet you.

Yinsen: Nice to meet you too.

Tony pulls a metal ring from the bowl. He starts creating something that would help with the shrapnel stuck in his chest since the electromagnet and car battery wouldn't help him live for much longer. He turns on the power source, which all the lights go off into the circular device he created, as it glows bright.

Yinsen was stunned.

Yinsen: That doesn't look like a Jericho missile.

Tony: That's because it's a miniaturized arc reactor. I got a big one powering my factory at home. It should keep the shrapnel out of my heart.

Yinsen: But what could it generate?

Tony: If my math is right, and it always is, three gigajoules per second.

Yinsen: That could run your heart for 50 lifetimes.

Tony: Yeah. Or something big for 15 minutes.