2

"...You said you found them frozen solid near the merchant camp?" Cyno repeated quietly, eyeing you through the doorway of your room as he and Dehya stood by the kitchen counter. Candace was tending to your burns now, wrapping them once they'd been properly cooled by her hydro.

You were smiling gently, but he could tell it was just an act. Based on how much you'd insisted they not bring you back to the village, and how calm you'd been when dealing with your burnt skin, he assumed this was far from the first occasion something like this had happened.

"Yep," Dehya replied, "I brought them back here so Candace could take care of them, and they were up and at it, wanting to leave almost as soon as they woke up."

"They didn't mention having trouble with their vision before?" The general asked, now taking his eyes off of you and turning to the woman beside him, who shook her head.

"Not a thing," she sighed, crossing her arms, "But I guessed something might have been up. You saw all those scars on them, didn't you?" Cyno nodded, a small look of sympathy crossing his face as he remembered all the burn marks that coated your skin. He'd noticed them immediately when the fight with the eremites had ended, and they'd instantly raised his concern.

"Now we have an explanation for them," he took a seat at one of the stools next to the counter, leaning against it as he crossed his arms. "I've never heard of someone being hurt to that extant by their own vision. Have you?"

"Never," Dehya replied, sitting down next to him, " I suspect they've been through a lot more than they're letting on. Hopefully Candace can coax some information out of them; leaving something like this alone could be dangerous, both for them and anyone else who gets too close." Cyno nodded.

"If not, I will look into it myself," he told her, returning his gaze to where you were quietly chatting with the blue haired woman, who had her back turned away from the door. "Their presence could be more of a threat to Sumeru than expected..."

"Must be pretty serious if the General Mahamatra himself wants to take time to deal with it," Dehya replied teasingly, but her expression quickly fell too. "But I get it. I don't think they mean to hurt anyone, but if that vision is as unstable as it seems, then they might end up causing problems anyway."

"Exactly." Cyno sighed. He supposed what was originally meant to be a routine trip to the desert was probably going to become much more, thanks to you.

Meanwhile, Candace finished wrapping your burns while trying not to make it seem as if she were interrogating you. Unfortunately for her though, you caught on easily.

"If there's something you want to ask me about all this, you can." You blurted out finally, making her pause where she'd been turning to grab another wrap for your burns.

"Are you willing to tell me?" She asked carefully, coming to take a seat on the bed next to you as you held out your left hand to her. The skin had turned slightly darker than its normal s/c shade, and you could tell it was just going to add yet another scar once it healed.

Truthfully, you were still a little hesitant to give her all the details of your situation. It was partly because you still didn't totally feel comfortable trusting her and the others, but even more than that, you didn't want to relive bad memories. Plus, you still firmly believed that this wasn't her problem to deal with, and you didn't want to make her get more involved than necessary.

But, you also saw the looks of concern from both Candace, Dehya, and Cyno, whom you'd just barely meant. You could tell that they wanted to help some way, and you couldn't deny that you could use some assistance.

"Yeah," you breathed finally, "I'll tell you what I know, at least about my vision."

"Alright," She smiled comfortingly as she tied on your last bandage, "Can the others listen as well, or would you like it to be just us?" You thought for a moment, but then decided to just let it happen. After all, you suspected that even if you just told Candace now, the two waiting outside would hear about it later anyway.