I am Aziah Cloud II

Background

November 3rd 1984

For weeks I watched Billy. I found myself caring. Caring about my appearance and how I presented myself. A small fascination turned into a silly school girl crush.

Of course he hadn't noticed me, in fact we haven't spoken since Halloween, which was days ago. Not even a short glance. I sure glanced at him though Matter of fact, i was glancing at him right now. I looked At him so often that even Anthony started to notice.

"Why do you stare at Billy? You must like him or something." Anthony said.

"No I don't." I replied. "I simply find him fascinating."

"Why?" Anthony asked "I don't even know. Maybe I'm just bored."

Or maybe I'm just trying to focus my attention on someone else instead of paying attention to myself. Whatever the case was I knew I liked him, ever since Halloween.

October 31st, 1984

I was invited to a stupid Halloween party. Well technically Anthony was invited and he just invited me.

I was just sitting at a table drinking a random drink that I had only taken 3 sips of minding my business. That's when I saw him walking in, he was yelling some nonsense.  I watched him snatch some toilet paper from the ceiling, I guess it was used as decoration which was kinda stupid.

He cleaned himself off with it and walked over to Steve Harrington with Tommy H.

"Hey girl!" My attention was ripped away from Billy. I turned to see who was talking to me. The person I least wanted to talk to at the moment.

Aaliyah Albert.

Aaliyah and I used to be best friend in elementary. Some even say we were inseparable. That was until my mom died and a rumor went around that my dad was in a cult and killed my mom as a sacrifice. Pretty dumb. Later I found out that Aaliyah had started the rumor. So much for best friends right? Anyway she basically begged for my forgiveness. I forgave her but it still hurt so we were never close like that again.

"Hey Aaliyah." I responded eerie. "What are you doing here? This is not something you would topically come to." She said.

"Yeah- uh Anthony invited me and I guess I wanted to get out the house. So here I am." I chuckled. "Okay well if you want to get out the house and have fun, then you need to DANCE." She said as she jumped up and started dragging me to the middle of the living room where everyone was dancing.

"Oh no Aaliyah, you know I can't dance." I sighed. "Huh- oh I can't hear you." She laughed. I just rolled my eyes and followed her.

For some reason I felt- Happy. I was dancing along with Aaliyah and Anthony joined us.

I was laughing and giggling like a small child. Maybe it was the alcohol, I never drank so this was kinda new to me. Whatever it was it was getting me loose.

I was too tired and my feet were killing me. "I gonna-hiccup, pee." I yelled at Aaliyah. I was clearly drunk. I started to move backwards until I felt my back hit something hard with a thud. I turned around and once again I was met the the beautiful blue eyes. I just stared into them until I noticed something dripping down his bare chest.

"I- Oh my god- I'm so so sorry." I said picking up some random napkins and drying his chest. "It's fine I got it." He said.

Once he was done drying himself, he looked back up at me. "Aziah right?"

"Uhm yeah." I replied. "Billy." He said

"I know.— I Mean um you're in my class." I squeezed my eyes shut.